cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert a link to a poll

Jump to solution

1. I would like to draft a Discussion that includes a link to a poll I plan to create. 

- Is that possible? 

- Is there a button in the Discussion draft page that allows me to do this? 

- Is navigating to the poll fairly intuitive, or do I type in a title, or what?

2. Where are polls advertised on the site?  The only place I've seen them referred to was in Help Community.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thesegoto11‌ wrote:

1. I would like to draft a Discussion that includes a link to a poll I plan to create.
    1. Is that possible? 
    2. Is there a button in the Discussion draft page that allows me to do this? 
    3. Is navigating to the poll fairly intuitive, or do I type in a title, or what?
  2. Where are polls advertised on the site?  The only place I've seen them referred to was in Help Community.
  1. It's possible. Discussions don't have drafts. They do autosave though.
    1. You can create a poll. Once created you can copy the link. Then create a discussion and paste that poll link into the body of the discussion post.
    2. There is an insert link button but there isn't an insert poll button. I would just copy and paste the link from the poll. If you're on your phone there will be fewer options unless you turn your phone on it's side. The desktop browser will have more options.
    3. I would say this depends. For the most part yes. If you're linking it in your discussion post it should be easy to click on and go to.  Also the poll will show up initially after it is posted on the home page in the Recent Activity widget while it is in the first 8 or so places. After that it will be further down in the widget until you show additional results or go to the all content page.
  2. All polls are linked here. So anyone looking for a public poll should find it there.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thesegoto11‌ wrote:

1. Is that possible? 
    2. Is there a button in the Discussion draft page that allows me to do this? 
    3. Is navigating to the poll fairly intuitive, or do I type in a title, or what?
  1. It's possible. Discussions don't have drafts. They do autosave though.
    1. You can create a poll. Once created you can copy the link. Then create a discussion and paste that poll link into the body of the discussion post.
    2. There is an insert link button but there isn't an insert poll button. I would just copy and paste the link from the poll. If you're on your phone there will be fewer options unless you turn your phone on it's side. The desktop browser will have more options.
    3. I would say this depends. For the most part yes. If you're linking it in your discussion post it should be easy to click on and go to.  Also the poll will show up initially after it is posted on the home page in the Recent Activity widget while it is in the first 8 or so places. After that it will be further down in the widget until you show additional results or go to the all content page.
  2. All polls are linked here. So anyone looking for a public poll should find it there.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team