cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Suzinut

Need help! SOS!

I am so disappointed in myself...over the last 3 days i had 7 cigs!  Had almost 50 days!  I dont want to go back!  Please!  Dear elders!  Esp those who almost went back please give me advice!  Yell at me!  Do whatever u have to do...help me not to go back!

Tags (1)
37 Replies
YoungAtHeart

WHERE, OH WHERE did you GET those cigarettes?  If you had them around, you have learned a valuable lesson.  If you went out to buy them, you made a whole LOT of decisions to get them - and you could have stopped yourself at any time. 

Instead, you should have gotten busy, or blogged "HELP" here, or taken a shower, or called a friend, or changed your mind's direction after saying, out loud even, "I don't DO that anymore.  Now - what ELSE can I do besides smoke?"

Right now - this minute - soak the rest of the pack under running water and schmish them into the trash. 

Plan NOW what you will do in the same circumstance when you quit again this time.  Don't be surprised by a crave, plan for it!

You CAN do this.  Lots of folks here took more than one try.  Get right back on that horse and RIDE now!

Suzinut

I didnt buy them..i grubbed....but NO MORE!  DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN...i didnt do anything i was supposed to do..but i am back and not going to stray anymore

Suzinut

:

I didnt buy them..i grubbed....but NO MORE!  DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN...i didnt do anything i was supposed to do..but i am back and not going to stray anymore.  Thank you all for being there for me and welcoming me back!

Barbscloud

I'm not going to yell at you--it's not my style.  What happened?  You were doing so great. Most of us have many failed attempts at quitting.  It seems to be part of the process for most quitters.   Some studies indicate 8 - 10 times  before being successful.  I fall in that range.   What made the difference this time?  I did use aids, but learned about my addiction and created a plan.  Part of the plan is what to do when we know we're going to smoke.  Staying busy, going for walk, etc. really helped.  But most importantly, when I needed help with a struggle, I came to the Ex and fellow quitters talked my down off the ledge.  When you're tempted to smoke is the time to reach out for help.  Not after.

Learn from your mistake and don't look back.  Don't let feeling bad give yourself permission to continue smoking.  Get right back on track.  I truly admire quitters that relapse and don't wait to quit again.  For me it was years in between.

You've already proven to yourself that you can do this.

Barb

elvan

I only yell at myself. I HAD to seriously embrace, NOPE. Not One Puff Ever. I had written down my triggers & what l would do INSTEAD of smoking. I had to tweak my interventions more than once but NOPE always worked. Every quit l ever lost started with those famous last words, l can have just one. NO, I CAN’T!  My son was still smoking but never in the house. Move around, shake your head, blow bubbles. Run in place, LAUGH, remember that smoking does not fix ANYTHING but trust me, it can really do a lot of damage.

Ellen

indingrl

Welcome back Suzi - what to do have in your QUIT tool kit - did you bite into a lemon peel and all a d then come here to blog ? Just asking?

maryfreecig

If you intend not to go back, then do what works best, do not smoke one day at a time. There is almost never a grand awakening in which you decide you are done smoking forever. For most of us, smobriety is earned one day at a time by taking smober actions one day at a time. Nothing less will do. Actions speak louder than words as they say. So, stand up for yourself, take it nice and easy, one step, then the next. Your decision to quit was not a mistake. Own it and move forward. Yes you can do this.

sweetplt

Suzinut Everyone above me, gave you good advice...not me to yell either...do the work, plan and commit and start over...keep close to the support site...you basically know what to do...you just have to do it...we are here to help...Colleen 

Suzinut

You are all awesome...NOT ONE PUFF EVER....I will reopen my bag of tricks....this nasty habit will not get me back!