cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Julie1960

Help

I am craving a cigarette bad.  Feels like I am going to die.  I am physically hurting

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Julie Julie1960 not sure how long your post was up here and I am so sorry I wasn’t here earlier...I am on EST and go to bed around 9pm and up around 6 am...I am not sure too many else are on at night...which is so tough...ok I am rambling...you see you are hurting for a cigarette...every time you smoke and then you don’t ... your body starts to crave the nicotine until it can get its fix...You feel like you are going to die, but you won’t die...not smoking will not kill you...when this starts to happen...go get a shower...and breath in that shower, try and think of anything but feeding the addiction...you can do this...be stronger then the addict...truly there is nothing good that smoking will do for you...you only think it...please come back and let me know how you are doing so I can help you...will keep checking all day...Gotcha in my Heart ~ Colleen 

Maki

I missed this as well and replied to your blog not noticing it was posted last night . Can you give us an update how you are doing either in a new blog,  on the  blog posted earlier or on this discussion . It would be helpful to know where you are at now . Were you able to manage staying smoke free ? 

0 Kudos

Oh boy. I hope you are ok Julie. I’m on day 15 today and I was just thinking how a cigarette would be good just about now and that is why I came to this site. My day is winding down and I used to enjoy a smoke just about now. Ok enough of that. I DON’T DO THAT ANYMORE! So now I’m going to stick Werthers candy in my mouth and take a hot shower. I deal with whatever comes after that. Ugh