cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mikecity

Good morning

Hi,

Happy Wednesday!!  It’s the middle of the week already!!  Are you having a good one?  It is to be sunny here today.  Tonight I have online Bible study.  What are your plans?

We have defeated the nicotine monster!!  He had us in his clutches many years.  Then God and EX helped us out!!  Now we are free!!  Enjoy your freedom!!  Namaste  

N. O. P. E. 

8 Replies
indingrl

Mike hope you enjoy YOUR n.o.p.e. day and bible study on line - thanks for sharing and asking - I will just BE STILL and enjoy MY moments of this DAY only with YOU - n.o.p.e. is the slogan to enjoy TOGETHER - thanks Mike for just YOU being YOU grateful and kind and loving and a GOOD encourager and teacher to live in this DAY only with JOY in MY Lord Jesus name amen 

Blue123

It’s going great, I’m on day 7 myself using only coffee beans and coffee as an oral substitute.

I can tell you yesterday was a tough day and without support from here not sure I would have made it.  Yesterday I realized for me this is a daily battle and I cannot just rely on my willpower to get through I need people like you to keep me focused .  I always thought well I wrestled, did NAVY SARS, etc etc I can get through anything......7 days into this i can say addiction is a lot more challenging but the gift and reward is 100x greater.

My focus today is to work on controlling triggers and keep unwinding them.  For me I realized that I will make bad judgement decisions going to a gas station etc if I don’t train my mind I can handle it.  So, when my resolve is strong I am going to challenge myself and push those successes.........I will not use nicotine replacement or say just this once, it’s NEVER AGAIN!!!

Happy Wednesday, I’m here with you guys.  Send me a message if anyone wants to chat!!

indingrl

Thank you so much for sharing YOUR positive attitude in STAYING nicotine free - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Good Wednesday Morning mikecity ... it is sunny but very cold...I was out with the dog at 6:30 to walk and she let me put her coat on her...lol...Enjoy your Bible Study...~ Colleen 716 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Congratulations on 7 Days.  You are doing great.  I used really strong coffee several times a day. It gave me that charge I missed from smoking.  I could not have quit and stayed quit for 7 years without this site.  I needed the constant re-enforcement.  So many good folks at Ex.  Have a good day.

indingrl

Thank YOU Barbara 145 for YOUR HELPING ME

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Good morning Mike.  It is early morning.  I am old and I posted on the wrong blog.  Enjoy your sunny day.

0 Kudos
Christine13

Good Afternoon Mike.  So good to see you.  I will be going for a walk today, to decrease the craves, and staying vigelent, and maybe crocheting a bit this afternoon.  Enjoy your bible study tonight!

We are under strict lockdown so I won't be seeing anyone.  It's just me and my precious kitty Ruby!

0 Kudos