cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Blue123

New to quitting, a few questions.

Hello~

Decided to quit chewing tobacco on Nov. 12th.  I really want to be proactive in setting up a support system or share stories and be a part of something moving forward.  There is more of a story here but not sure this is the place or not.

I'm new to this and looking for some tips on what to do next on this website to contribute and be a part of something going forward.

Blue

7 Replies
Tommy1983

Hey Blue!

i am a newbie as well and today is my quit date from chewing. It definitely seems scary at this point!

Always remember your reason for quitting. Mine is my daughter, she was born in February and I love her more than anything. Also, I want to be around for as long as possible to watch and help her grow up. This is great motivation for me and I’m going to cling to it in the days to come.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Tommy1983   Congrats on your first day with many more to celebrate.

Barb

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Blue  The best thing I can tell you the more involved you become the easier quitting will be.

Share what ever your are struggling with or feeling good about.  Share your experience with those who also have just quit. Showing / giving support can be the best support for you.  Feel free, relax and join in on any post You will get to know people quickly

Carl

ThinBlueLine

Hey Blue....you have definitely found the right place. Read ..Read ..Read....Post and ask questions. Like Carl said express your feelings about how the day went and let people support you. I have found this site so wonderfully helpful. I quit dipping on 11-15-2020. I'm new to here at well but have found so much help. Keep close and know we all have your back and I know you will have mine as well.......get with it ...

Thin Blue Line.

Barbscloud

You've already gotten it right.  Just Post to My Blog and you'll receive lots of support.  Taking the Daily Pledge is an excellent way to stay on track each daily.

Barb

0 Kudos
green1611

Initially go for one-day-at-a-time approach !

No more thinking about future. Today I will NOT.....No tobacco. 

Once you pass one day with out it, next day again one-day-at-a time approach.

Also ask yourself if yesterday I could survive with out nicotine, then why not today? today also I will !

Day by day you will gain the confidence.

Other plenty of material is available on this site, please go through.

All the best !

Thesegoto11

Check out the "Get Support" section of this site.  Loads of useful information.

0 Kudos