cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quitting ZYN group

Jump to solution

I have seen a few posts from people who are trying to quit ZYN smokeless tobacco pouches, like I am trying to do.  How can I set up a group that is specific to ZYN??  And, is that even possible.  Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mwells75 

Welcome to our community!

While Zyn is a different delivery system - it is, at its basest, a nicotine addiction   As such, the ways to break free from it start with education, preparation, planning, support and commitment to stop using it NO MATTER WHAT. This community can help you with all but the last.  It is somewhat like vaping since you can use anytime, anywhere, and that might make it a bit more difficult to break free.  But - it CAN be done.  When you are ready, I suggest you write a blog (Home-top left; center blue box, "Post to my Blog") and introduce yourself to the community.  You might include your use history, your quit date if you have set one, if you plan to use a quit aid, and anything else you care to share.

I look forward to your participation here.

Nancy

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Requesting a New Group  clink on the previous link it should help answer your questions.

In my time here (eight years)  I have only encountered a few folks who are trying to quit using the pouches, so you may not get a lot of activity in a new group.

I did a search using the magnifying glass (top right) and came up with a few blogs whose responses you might find useful:ZYN Nicotine Withdrawal , https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/266152-quitting-all-nicotine.  You can search, too,  to see if you find other useful information, or you could send the writers a private message and ask for advice (click on their avatar and then select "message").

Nicotine addiction is nicotine addiction, no matter the delivery method.  So,  information on quitting smoking or vaping will also apply.

I am glad you are here!  We can help!  Let us know when you have set a quit date.

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

anelson1843‌ We're actually in the process of moving the community to a new platform before the end of the year and will be reducing the number of groups we have and converting some of the groups to categories. I'll think about how this smokeless tobacco product might fit in the new site organization. As others have mentioned. There are some posts about ZYN but there aren't a lot to date as YoungAtHeart‌ mentions.  There is a wealth of knowledge around the site about nicotine addiction so hopefully some of that knowledge could be applied to your situation and you could connect with some members even if they don't use pouches like you. Hopefully that will soon be a thing of the past.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Mwells75

I think that is a fantastic idea. I have been struggling for months  with Zyn. I imagine because it is newer may be why there have t been as many posts about it in the past eight years. I am having a lot of trouble finding people that can relate to the Zyn addiction. It feels like a whole different beast. Best of luck to you and I hope to see a Zyn page soon.:) 

0 Kudos

Mwells75‌ thanks for your added interest.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

Mwells75 

Welcome to our community!

While Zyn is a different delivery system - it is, at its basest, a nicotine addiction   As such, the ways to break free from it start with education, preparation, planning, support and commitment to stop using it NO MATTER WHAT. This community can help you with all but the last.  It is somewhat like vaping since you can use anytime, anywhere, and that might make it a bit more difficult to break free.  But - it CAN be done.  When you are ready, I suggest you write a blog (Home-top left; center blue box, "Post to my Blog") and introduce yourself to the community.  You might include your use history, your quit date if you have set one, if you plan to use a quit aid, and anything else you care to share.

I look forward to your participation here.

Nancy