cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Light bulb moment

So, I was thinking last night about my activity level. I hate to be still. The conclusion I kind of came to is that maybe when I was smoking, it was also a way to be still. Sort of like self-medication. It never dawned on me until now that my hyperactivity (at 65 years old!) was tampered by sitting or standing while smoking. 

(I was gonna put a picture of a light bulb here, but seems like I can't get pictures to upload right now.)

On another note, here I am, still quit and still active. I walk almost every day, I sew, I do this, I do that, and still don't like to sit around doing nothing. LOL No more self-medication, though.

Donna

696 Days!

12 Replies
indingrl

Donna on 696 DOF and it is wonderful to hear from YOU

sweetplt

Good to see you Donna DonnaMarie ... soon we both will be celebrating 2 years ... whoo hoo... my hubs thinks I am hyper active too...I think I spent downtime with smoking...and now I tend to keep busy, but at the end of the time when I am tired I can watch a show...oh, but then I knit...hey all of it is better than smoking...Happy Thursday ~ Colleen 710 DOF 

DonnaMarie

I can't seem to stop sewing! LOL

JACKIE1-25-15

Wow, time flies when you are having fun. 

MarilynH

It's wonderful to see you DonnaMarie YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON.....

Strudel

Hi Donna - great to see you! Congrats on 696 days! Keep on moving! 

green1611

Great ! Congratulations 696 days !!

meWisconsin

Congratulations on your 696 days smoke free.

As they say in the Motel 6 commercial "We'll leave the light on for ya."

Terry

elvan

Congratulations on 696 days of freedom. I couldn't sit still either so it is really challenging for me now.

Ellen

0 Kudos