cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

picaroon

Encouragement

October 22nd was my 8 year anniversary, I don't want any accolades, I just want to tell all of you that there will come a time when smoking doesn't even cross your mind. I'm not going to give you any advice on how to get there because everyone must find their own path. I only have one piece of advice, many of you have loved ones who want you to quit.

Once you tell them you are quitting, don't ever lie about your progress, don't tell them you aren't smoking when you are. Even if you're just sneaking one now and then, if they smell it on you, don't try to make any excuses, just tell them you smoked and keep trying. Better to have them disappointed in you because of smoking then to have not trust you because you lied. I'm not going to sugar coat it, quitting was one of the hardest things I have ever done, however, today I see it as one of my greatest achievements, life is so much easier.

Pic

5 Replies
sweetplt

picaroon Thank your for coming on to Ex’s and sharing a great message on your quit journey...8 years of Freedom is super...Congratulations... Colleen 710 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats 8 years smoke free.  Thanks for sharing your success and inspiration for new quitters.

Barb

0 Kudos

Congratulations on your 8 years of freedom Pic. If we're honest with ourselves it's not hard to be honest with others.

Mn@ 001.jpg

indingrl

8 YEARS NICOTINE FREE - Yahooooooo - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos
Giulia

Great advice, Pic.  Glad you came back to share it.  Kudos on the 8.  And why don't you want any accolades?  You've earned them!!!!!

0 Kudos