cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

assured1984

Hi I'm new to this.. set my quit date as December 1st. I quit once before when I found out I was pregnant with my son but when I lost him to SIDS then I started back up.. its been 5 years and I'm ready to quit..

Tags (1)
3 Replies
indingrl

for your precious son - I am so very very sorry - welcome and getting tools for YOUR tool quit to hold on to on ROUGH TOUGH days - the slogans - not one puff ever and smoking is not an option and I dont smoke anymore - also NEW ideas and habits that  YOU have chosen to STAY quit NO matter what - I believe YOU will have victory in YOUR NEW non smoker life style

0 Kudos
indingrl

Biting into a lemon peel and all - HELPS when a crave hits - just sharing

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome Newbie @assured1984.  I am sorry for the loss of your son.  I am happy that you have made the decision to quit smoking.  You have come to the right place for support.  How did you find us?  As you all ready know quitting is doable but staying quit can be difficult.  With the proper tools and a change in the mindset that no matter what happens in your life that you will never pick up again.  You can  have a forever quit. 

.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke or vape is a good beginning.  Make a commitment never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept not one puff ever. It is not by will power but your willingness to let it go forever.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work.   Learning to protect your quit will keep you on your journey forever freedom. This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close.

I am a firm believer education is the key to success. Let me say it again.  Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the EX Community you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and learn more about  your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come

Welcome to the beginning of our forever quit