cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LKevinl

Craving

Day 38 and craving was never so intense! The temptation was so strong; I didn’t think I could fight it. I walked into a hospital. That’s right- a hospital. Not an ER or anything. The outside gardens where cigarettes are forbidden. Stayed an hour.

went away.

now, at 9:00 pm gone into bed. Never smoked in bed. Alan Carr said it would be easy? I mean is it? could be worse. Don’t want to slip.

kevin

6 Replies
indingrl

Kevin STAYING nicotine free - I bite into a lemon peel and all - it brings me into the MOMENT of MY day and then I just breath in and out and I pray to MY higher power who is God and ask for HELP in MY Lord Jesus name amen - then I blog and tell all about whatever I NEED to learn from everyone to say smoking is not an option  - s.i.n.a.o.- thank you Kevin for HELPING ME to be very grateful WE are TOGETHER - the craves DO lessen and SOON you will NOT even think of sucking on DEATH STICKS it just takes TIME and Kevin your DOING very good - WAY TO GO

JACKIE1-25-15

Good Job, By any means necessary. NOPE.  You will survive.  Hang tough. Breathe Deep. 

YoungAtHeart

I am SO proud of you!!  You obviously have learned your lessons well, and are using what you know to your advantage.  GREAT idea to get yourself in nature and in a place you never did,  and cannot now, smoke.

Here is a bit about where you are in your quit:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... .

These craves WILL end!  It WILL get easier - I promise!

Keep doing what you're doing until it does!

Nancy

maryfreecig

The book was written in 1987. Smoking and addiction is better understood today, their are treatments and methods--including a far greater access to social support like becomeanEx!

Easy? Right, and there are a ton of books about easy diets, easy way to total health...on and on. They are all easy if the method/ideas strike right and you find a powerful commitment. Most of us have to quit one day at a time, choosing to stay smober, hanging on at times, hoping for a better day especially at first.

You worked your quit and stayed smober. Congratulations for that. Stick with Ex, stick with your quit, because you can do this one day at a time. It will get easier--loads of Exers right here will testify to that.

Welcome to Ex.

Mary

Seven Years and Counting!!! 

Barbscloud

Glad you stayed strong and kept your commitment.   I'm in agreement.  Alan Carr has a series of books about 'it being easy".   I learned a few things about nicotine addiction, but never agreed with his premise about it being easy.   

That is an interesting technique not to smoke--whatever it takes!

Stay close and reach out when tempted.  We're here for you.

Big congrats on 38!!!!

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Congratulations Kevin LKevinl I will say you worked for that crave...not easy, but doable...keep close to us...and again some good breathing exercises...

pastedImage_2.gifHave a good day ~ Colleen 

0 Kudos