cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bykeroot63

Breaking these chains

What works best for idle time? What has been a good replacement for you all? I am eating way too much,

day 4

6 Replies
AnnetteMM

I crochet or play a game on my phone.

There are lots of posts on here for things to do instead of smoke!

Here's one of mine:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2020/02/10/things-to-do-with-your-hands?sr=... 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Jigsaw puzzle, adult coloring book with color pencils, Ex’s (read blogs and respond), knitting, cleaning house top to bottom, etc., 

Day 4 is super...keep going and keep close...~ Colleen 702 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke 

You will need to put some effort into this in the early days.  You might also sub some healthy snacks in between the junk.  Frozen grapes are GREAT, and you should be sipping on cold water all the time.  You can try flavored toothpicks, or straws or cinnamon sticks,to keep your mouth busy, or sugar free gum or mints,or candy that lasts awhile, like Fireballs or red licorice.

Exercise is a good way to get healthier while getting past some craves without eating.  You can also march in place, or play a game on your phone, or do a couple of sit/stands, or find a yoga (or chair yoga) routine on-line.  Staying around this site and reading will serve to inform your quit and encourage you.

Staying busy is KEY! You get through these early days any way you can.

It WILL get easier, but you are going to have to work at this a bit until it does.

It is so worth doing, though, I promise!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

I reorganized my house.  Coloring books seems to calm me. Taking walks really relieves anxiety. If it is cold outside wrap up and go.  You will be so proud of yourself and have time to think about your journey.  You can do this.  

Cousin-Itt

Find something you always wanted to try   I taught myself how to play the harmonica   Lots of free lesson on the web   

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Walking is great.   You can just take a short stroll and refocus.  I kept busy doing things around the house and the yard.  I also enjoyed video games.  

We all know what the healthy things are to eat, but that doesn't seem to help satisfy the craving for many quitters.

Congrats on day 4.  

0 Kudos