cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Allen Carr's Book

I'm a newbie and not sure if I'm even posting this on the correct place. Just thought it would help other new people like myself.

Iwas having a tough time finding this book " easy way to stop smoking" written by Allen Carr. Each link sent me to bookclub websites that you had to pay for, then the book itself wasn't available. Only others opinions and results from reading his book. One other wanted me to go to a seminar at 499.00 ... I couldn't afford this at all. Even though it was money back guarantee. So finally I found it through my Amazon Prime account and downloaded the audio book for free. There's also a free version for your E readers. I am hoping this is helpful to any other new comers looking for this part of our reading to prepare for this journey. Good luck everyone with your QUIT. So far the book is really helpful...

4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am SO happy to hear you persevered and plan to read this book.  It was KEY in my successful quit, I believe.  I think you will be amazed at what you didn't know about this addiction!

Good that you are getting prepared, and thanks for the location information on the book!

Nancy

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s Forem-mylife69 

So glad you made the decision to quit smoking...along with reading this book, be sure to read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX where you will set a quit date and plan for that day like no other...Be sure to keep close to the support site for help...we are in this journey together...Happy Saturday ~ Colleen 698 DOF 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on this decision to quit.  It still disagree with his premise that's it's easy, but there's some good information about nicotine addiction.   Use this time to educate yourself and create a quit plan.  These two steps helped me to be successful.  We're here to support you--just reach out.

Barb

green1611

Indeed. Alan Carr book is super rich reading for those who eager to quit smoking. I found it very useful.

Actually I read this book after few days of my quit. It helped me to stay on quit. It also helped me to make my few other friends to quit smoking.

All the best !