cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LKevinl

Covid

Are others experiencing a sense of anxiety about Covid? All sites say cigarette smokers , present and past , are at high risk could be more susceptible to problems . Been on my mind. Keeping me up. Anyone else? Advice? Reassurance .

thanks

kevin

9 Replies
indingrl

Kevin and I got covid19 in May of 2020 and for 10 days I was very sick with death chills - I lost 13 pounds - I stayed in MY FAITH and read Romans 8 out loud with MY husband who ended up in hospital - long story short - WE believe OUR Lord Jesus healed us and EVERYONE is different with varieties of SYMPTOMS - I SHARE what happened to ME and MY husband - I eat healthy since 2005 - I was at home - husband in hospital HE NEVER smoked CIGARETTES -  I smoked for 38 YEARS and I was blessed with a COLD TURKEY quit on January 6th of 2011 - I am born again since November 6th 1986 and I am just SHARING our FAITH and OUR covid19 experience - I hope you have a good n.o.p.e. day Kevin and please read 1 Corinthians chapter 15 verses 1- 4 for YOUR self and YOU choose - MY husband filled out paperwork to donate his antibodies to HELP covid19 patients -  he is waiting for the Red Cross to call to let him know where he will donate in our area - this is OUR story of covid19

YoungAtHeart

There are actually MANY at high risk for complications, so you are not in the minority! Take all the recommended precautions and you should be fine.   No parties or gatherings inside they are saying  now is the most important thing you can do.  Be sure to wear a mask, keep distance from others (even outside!),wash your hands and don't touch your face unless you have.   Prolonged exposure to others is the key, I am hearing, too.

Do all you can and then let it go.  No point letting anxiety rule your life.  Getting some exercise (walking or running or even marching in place or a couple sets of sit/stands) will help reduce your anxiety level. 

We ALL, I think, are feeling the effects of isolation and lack of social interaction.  We all are just doing the best we can.  Just don;t smoke over it!!!

Nancy

LKevinl

Thank you

0 Kudos
LeftysLady

I've only been smoke free for 25 days.  I have just started wearing a mask in the last couple of weeks to make other people comfortable.  I personally know two people who have had it.  One got it march in March after a business trip and long flight.  He ended up in the hospital with many other complications that were symptoms of the flu.  I believe because they chose to treat the virus they new little about instead of trying to treat the flu which they know all the symptoms to that put him at risk.  The other person had a headache, nausea, low grade fever and sinus problems for a few weeks after all other symptoms were gone.  I will not believe that it is more than just another kind of flu.  We get a new strange strain every 10 years.  I believe it has been used to scare world, why I don't know.  If you look at the true numbers on the CDC website since it has been corrected and the 2019 population count of the United States the death toll is no more than the annual flu. 

My advice to you is stop watching the news.  It is no longer about reporting what is actually happening.  Find a website you can trust, Not Yahoo or Google, if you need a daily dose of the news.  There is so much more going on than what is being reported and a lot of it is good.  I quit watching the news almost ten years ago.  If something comes up that upsets my husband I will read about it and form my own opinion.  I read a lot of clean fiction and watch clean low violence movies.   I got tired of this world causing anxiety I don't need.  As Jesus said "don't worry about tomorrow it will worry about itself.  Today has enough trouble of its' own."

Pam

sweetplt

I think because Covid effects the lungs we should quit smoking...and/or keep the quit...the important thing is to do the right things, wear a mask, wash hands, social distance, more time at home, etc., and if you get it...hopefully your immune will be stronger to beat it...no anxiety and I have lung issues because I do the best to stay safe and the rest is in God’s hands...Take care...Colleen 698 DOF 

0 Kudos
LKevinl

Thank you

0 Kudos
Barbara145

This may help your concerns.  They think (from early research) that people with type O blood type are possibly protected.  That is my blood type.  I think the longer you have been smoke free the better. Sweet dreams

0 Kudos
LKevinl

Yes, I , too , have heard of the O possibility. I am only a month into quitting , so my lungs are not in good shape. I am staying home, voted by mail, wearing a mask. Hoping we can have a healthy new year. Cheers

0 Kudos
LeftysLady

They are finding in the newest research that, if you have taken D3 in the past or have been taking it for the last few months, should you get COVID19, it should be a mild case or you may avoid it all together.  If you take a daily calcium supplement read the label it probably contains D3.  Mine very plainly states on the front.

I pray that your lowering you anxiety levels, by knowing that as long as you follow the mask, sanitary, and distancing rules that you will be okay.  

Blessings

0 Kudos