cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

redpepper

Odors

...when she woke that morning, having not smoked for five days, she noticed the reeking smell of dog food, of a closet full of cigarette clothes, a box full of and a sofa draped in blankets that would offend most people...

So she washed. And she washed. And she washed...

All of it. Away. 

9 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Yes it's amazing how much we can smell good and bad On the other side I still remember the first time I noticed fresh scent of pine I still enjoy the smell of pine and the freshness of the rain and all the seasons

YoungAtHeart

My aha smell moment came when I crossed the bridge to our very own ocean side barrier island.  I had not smelled that salt-filled air for YEARS - until I quit smoking.  It was SUCH a wonderful, memory-provoking childhood memory - and I savored it...still do!

Hope you smell something fresh and good with your awakened sense real soon!!

sweetplt

Great job...oh the nice smell after all is washed...Happy Saturday ~ Colleen 691 DOF 

Giulia

cat sniffing GIF

SuzyQ411

No words needed Giulia‌ ... 

0 Kudos
LeftysLady

Welcome to day 4, The clean smell is wonderful.  Don't forget one of your rewards can be rest, a nap is a great reward.  It also eats up minutes and/ or hours that add quit-time.  

The count down below isn't to give me credit for being quit, it is to remind me not to get ahead of myself and think I am doing better than I am.  I gave myself a big head during my first quit using this sight.  Now I want to keep my head in the same timeline as the rest of my quit.  

Enjoy your newly cleaned air.  Laugh at all the new and sometimes quite interesting smells you will find.  Cascade granules in a box mixed with warm water in a bucket remove the nicotine from the walls.  It is also cheaper than new paint. Have a great rest of your day. 

Pam

18 days 14 hours thirty minutes of Freedom

indingrl

Congrats on nicotine freedom and FRESH smells

redpepper

Hey Ya'll. I will be headed to the mtns on 4 Nov. for a much, much, much needed caregiver's vacation. (Until I arrive, I will be wearing a mask, a plastic shield, an impenetrable cover suit, a bleach spray dispenser, etc.)  (ha and not ha/scary but real) 

I truly cannot wait, cannot wait, cannot wait to smell that air. Yippee! Yahoo!

Thank you for sharing your favorite scent memories post-smoking. I love it! 

And Thank You For Not Smoking

SuzyQ411

Love this post redpepper‌ and can fully identify with your words 

And, I'd like to add  an odor experience of my own, which happened this morning: 

I was in line for early voting. It was a  cold and blustery morning and all forty plus of us kept rubbing our hands and stomping our feet, no doubt wishing we had the option of huddlng together to extract warmth from one another.

But, alas, this was not possible in our present world that calls for social distancing.

And then, from six feet away, I suddenly caught a whiff that permeated my face mask: the unmistakable and nauseating smell of "old" smoke from someone's body.

I was thankful it no longer emanated from me.

~ Suzy: Day # 293 smoke-free