cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

On A Personal Note....

I find that I don't want to talk about myself   I'd rather talk about that remarkable young woman who lost so much in her life but is now in recovery and shining like the sun.  I'd rather talk about a beautiful woman who taught me that I can indeed garden and nurture plants into life.  I'd rather talk about the man who always, always wishes his neighbors a 'good morning' so that they start their day with a smile.

So many people I know are doing phenomenal things with their lives.  They give their energy, their hearts, their time, their talents so that others are comforted and cared for.  I just like those kind of people!!  They make me appreciate life.  They inspire me to reach out to others.  To maybe be a bit kinder.  To listen a bit more.  

My life has changed quite a bit in the past several months.  I've always liked change so I'm good with it.  And I've found it's true:  If you love life, life will love you right back   Doesn't mean everything's good all the time, it just means that during the bad times, you know you'll get through them.  

I'm sorry I'm not here more.  I truly do love you people!!  But I know you've got this.  So from time to time, I concentrate on the 3-D world and making it a little better for those who are lost.  Who have no one.  Who simply need a shoulder, an ear, and a hand.  And then I remember how very much I miss your blogs, your thoughts, your laughter, and your hearts.  And I need to be here again.  Some may call it selfish.  I call it coming home.

Two of my four children have had covid.  I am paying out of state tuition for my youngest to attend the college of his dreams.  I'm working a job and two half-jobs.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  My life is exactly perfect for me!!  Not because I'm lucky but because I choose the life I live.  Today I choose happy

Thank you all for allowing me to be here.  Thank you for allowing me to write.  Thank you for making me feel like I belong, no matter how long I've been gone.  I really do love you all!!

Sheri

27 Replies
Sootie

My dearest friend! I am so sorry to read that your children have had this terrible virus and I hope that they are on the mend. These are indeed trying times but I have no doubt you are facing them with your usual courage and strength. May there soon be a path out of this mess.

In the meantime, be assured that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong.

SimplySheri

Always so lovely to see you, my friend.  Jake is still struggling with fatigue and headaches after his bout of covid.  And he is 18 and normally healthy.  But so many are struggling more so we really have been lucky.  Hope you and yours remain healthy and happy. Love you bunches!!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Oh Sheri, I feel exactly the same. This site and everyone here old and new are truly amazing people. 

In a world that's ever changing, this os one area I can come back to when I have to be gone awhile and I find the same good people.And I do want to stay involved here to give back what was so unselfishly given to me: Hope , encouragement, support, friendships and a saw on the back of the head when I needed an adjustment early on in my quit, lol

Love you lady

SimplySheri

You've always understood me so well, Missy. Glad you're here and very glad we're friends. Much, much love to you!!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Sheri - It is wonderful to see you. You are one of those people you describe who are “doing phenomenal things with their lives”! I have no doubt about it! 
This is indeed a special place with very special people and it is always good to have you here! You do indeed belong! Take care and I hope your kids have recovered well. 

SimplySheri

So glad to see you, Kathy!!  I kinda just want to pull up a chair and share coffee and cake with you. I'm a talker with those I feel comfortable with.  Hope you are well, my friend. Much love to you!!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

SOO glad you stopped by.  Sorry to hear your children have been ill, and I will hope they have no after effects from it. 

I KNOW you are still dancing through life, no matter what it throws at you - because, after all,it's what you DO!

And I so admire you for it!

Nancy

SimplySheri

Always a joy to see you, Nancy. It truly is like coming home!!  Hope you are well and happy. Love you!!

0 Kudos
green1611

Nice to see you back. Welcome !

Sorry to hear about dearest ones sick due to pandemic. Hopefully they will recover fully sooner.

I do admire your courage to stay strong and thank you for nice write up.

This keeps us on the toe to think of life in happy manner.