Give and get support around quitting

redpepper

some things to think about

Reminders of why I quit: 

Tags (1)
4 Replies
indingrl

Barbscloud

I wish I could say money motivated me to quit, but it never did.  As prices went up in more recent years, I would switch to a cheaper brand.  But now that I've quit, I do enjoy the money I'm saving.  After 2.5 years I still save that money and use it for whatever I want.  It can be a real motivator.

Keep moving forward. 

Barb

marciem

Barbscloud   Have you found that the reasons you originally quit have morphed and changed over time in your reasons to stay quit?

I ask that because I know mine have.  Such as the money you mention above.  It was never a motivator for me to quit, but I sure do enjoy the extra I have now.  I didn't know how bad I smelled, so that wasn't a quit-reason, but it keeps me away from anything cigarette-related now.  Ewwww no thanks.  I didn't quit for the added self esteem that I didn't know I would reap, but I love it now and cherish my own self more than I thought I could. 

Lots of other things, but I'm interested in how you see it  .

marciem

redpepper‌ ... Congratulations!!  Keep reminding yourself and rewarding yourself.  

I suggest you put in a jar or box the money you have saved each day, or week (I did it weekly since I bought by the carton).  The money wasn't a motivator for my quit but somebody suggested it, and it did help pay for a smoke-free cruise I went on   .  It adds up.  And don't forget to add in those little purchases that you always made at the counter when you bought your cigarettes... the soda, candy, chips, gum, donuts etc. that you probably would have skipped if you didn't stop for cigarettes  .

Best to you, and keep on posting!!