cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cprice1226

Suggestions/support

Quit day is 5 days. I don’t seem to enjoy smoking as much as just the habit of it. I am most scared about the nicotine withdrawal.  I bought mint lozenges, but thinking of a patch.  I smoke 1/2 to 3/4 pack per day. My doctor says I am on enough meds for anxiety that I should be okay. Any suggestions/support is appreciated. 

4 Replies
indingrl

Welcome Cprice1226 - Christine and read and read and read learning all about YOUR nicotine addict - ALL info offered freely and please know everyone has different habits and patterns - LOOK for the simularities - WE are ALL addicted to NICOTINE - also when a crave HITS bite into a lemon peel and all - I do and it HELPS to bring ME back into the MOMENT of this DAY which WE all have just this 24 hours and please know you can break down your 24 hours to one breathe at a time to a minute and then 5 minutes - these SUGGESTIONS were all given to ME and I still use them TODAY- MY non smoker date is January 6 - 2011 and I still TRY to HELP in MY Lord Jesus love and service to ALL

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It sounds as if you are doing better than you think you are.  Congratulations on 5 days quit.  That is great and welcome to our community. At EX you will find the support you need to quit smoking.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke is key.  Education about addiction will help you better understand why you smoke. Make a commitment never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept not one puff ever. It is not by will power but your willingness to let it go forever.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work. 

I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me More info is available at this site  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help‌.  The main thing is to stay close.  Come here first before you light up. Talk about it.  We will help.

Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close

maryfreecig

My favorite coping tool is one day at a time. Staying in the day, taking care of today's business--helps you avoid worrying about the future. No one can control the future, but we can control how we act, react today. Also related to one day at a time, is one step at a time. Another favorite.

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s Cprice1226 

We are here to support you through this journey.  Stay close to the support for help and to encourage others...many of us suffer from anxiety so we know how it feels ... unfortunately withdrawals are part of this journey, however you can help them by taking walks, breathing exercises, etc., learning things to help your anxiety and the craves...This journey takes hard work, but it is doable...Be sure to read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and read the posts/blogs here and on the computer about addiction and quitting smoking.  Knowledge is power...and will help with the anxiety...Congratulations on 5 days of Freedom, almost through hell week...Colleen ~ 691 DOF 

0 Kudos