cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jasiah

How to fix mood swings when craving tobacco

I tend to get very angry or upset and sometimes tobacco causes me to do impulsive things

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RoseH

It is very early here 3:30 am...  Cravings are normal when you quit smoking.  Click on the link below:

https://nicotineslave.com/nicotine-cravings/ 

RoseH

A craving will never kill you...  They are screaming for another nicotine “fix”.  There are 101 things to do instead of picking up a cigarette...  that will be my next post...

Everything you need to know about quitting smoking:

How to Quit Smoking Forever: An Easy Step-By-Step Plan 

RoseH

No excuse to smoke will ever be true...  Click on the link below:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2008/05/03/things-to-do-instead-of-smoking 

0 Kudos
RoseH

I started smoking when I was fifteen years old and I smoked for over 50 years...  I am free now and smoke free for over two years...  I feel totally complete without lighting up.  And you can too!  Smoking is a terrible addiction to the drug, Nicotine.  Smoking is killing ourselves slowly...  Look in my file and see how smoking kills.  Lots of posts there with all the information you need to feel more comfortable in quitting...  Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do, by yourself, to regain health and well being...  No one of us is born with a butt in our lips!  Stay here with us and we will all help you!  God bless you and help you too!  Rosemary

sweetplt

HI and Welcome to Ex’s...Jasiah 

Mood swings and/or emotions are a part of this journey...I find quitting smoking, very much like death of a loved one...

pastedImage_2.jpgYou have to go through the stages and learn coping methods that work for you in order to get through this journey...

When you are angry try different things to help (ie., count backwards from 10, breathing exercises, prayer, meditation, take a walk and leave the situation that is making you angry, etc.,) ... You have smoked through your emotions and now it is time to learn how to deal with your emotions a healthy way...keep close to us...You can quit smoking...it takes time and hard work....Colleen 691 DOF

pastedImage_3.gif