cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Points in the new Platform?

Will there be a 'gaming" system in the new platform we're moving to?  Will our point status be carried over?  If not, perhaps we should give away all our points right now to the wonderful quitters on this platform before it morphs.  

And speaking of the new platform to come - I for one hate surprises.  And the only hints that have been given is that the platform is going to change within the next couple of months and that it will be different.  I think to ease the community's transition, the more hints, the better.  Otherwise it's going to be a total shock to most if they haven't happened upon a blog where that has been mentioned.  Just like with quitting, we need to get our heads in gear for the process to come.  To be prepared.  And speaking for myself only, having been through numerous platform changes with EX, it's a rough experience.  Because all the furniture has suddenly been rearranged in our house.  Just sayin'.  

Tags (1)
17 Replies
Maki

It seems there is already two platforms going on here ATM . I really hope it's been thought out well what's really important as i have seen a lot of waste on the two .

But ..

I've also seen yet a lot of incentives in both as well , if people use them for the right reasons .... to help their quit more forward . 

I never thought I could adjust here , coming out of quitnet , but in time we all learn what we need to .  I expect with each other's help and our moderators we will get through the change just fine . 

I must say it does  however worry me a bit .. will all my stuff go poof ! 

0 Kudos

"It seems there is already two platforms going on here ATM"  I must be missing something.  What two platforms are your speaking of?  I'm not talking about the Quit Smoking Program, Mayo Clinic part of the site vs. the Community side of EX.  Both are part of the BecomeAnEx website.  What I'm talking about is the provider of the internet platform itself that hosts the site.  Think of it as the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10.  And I would say, based upon my past experience with the change in platform a couple of years ago, they are very careful about not losing any of the members' material and they will give you ample time to save anything you want before the changeover.  So if you're worried that any of your stuff will go "poof," save it now.

Giulia wrote:

"It seems there is already two platforms going on here ATM"  I must be missing something.  What two platforms are your speaking of?  I'm not talking about the Quit Smoking Program, Mayo Clinic part of the site vs. the Community side of EX.  Both are part of the BecomeAnEx website.  What I'm talking about is the provider of the internet platform itself that hosts the site.  Think of it as the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10.  And I would say, based upon my past experience with the change in platform a couple of years ago, they are very careful about not losing any of the members' material and they will give you ample time to save anything you want before the changeover.  So if you're worried that any of your stuff will go "poof," save it now.

Yes, information shouldn't go poof. And yes we'll inform you if there are things you may want to save but generally speaking that won't be necessary unless we specifically mention it.  We're not affiliated with QuitNet in any way.  They shut down and didn't migrate their content, so in a way their content did go poof.

There are some exciting updates coming to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  (BecomeAnEX.org) part of our site as well. No action will be required by members. Improvements are being made based on feedback from a wide variety of members.

Separately, yes the community is migrating. It will look different but the information within the current community will be migrated. There will be some concepts from the My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX that will also be brought to the EX Community in the future that will tie things closer together.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Maki wrote:

It seems there is already two platforms going on here ATM . I really hope it's been thought out well what's really important as i have seen a lot of waste on the two .

But ..

I've also seen yet a lot of incentives in both as well , if people use them for the right reasons .... to help their quit more forward . 

I never thought I could adjust here , coming out of quitnet , but in time we all learn what we need to .  I expect with each other's help and our moderators we will get through the change just fine . 

I must say it does  however worry me a bit .. will all my stuff go poof ! 

Sorry you feel there is a lot of waste. I'd love to hear more about what you're talking about.

The site is somewhat divided into BecomeAnEX.org that includes the My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX,  which is the evidence and research-based portion of the site that we collaborate with Mayo Clinic on.  It's owned and authored by Truth Initiative but we work closely with Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center. The EX Community is the other half of the site.  They're connected through one login. In the future you'll see them come closer together. 

Some members prefer the BecomeAnEX.org part of the site and don't come to the community. Others use both the EX Community and the My EX Plan. Finally we have some users who primarily use just the EX Community. We hope that people will use all the resources available to them if it benefits their quit or helps them help someone else with their quit journey.

I'm the community manager for the site. There aren't any moderators unless I'm out on vacation but yes I'll be here right along side helping members before, during and after the migration getting acclimated to the change.  

As mentioned in the previous post I made to Giulia‌, we're working on retaining as much information as possible in the migration. Data retention is important to us.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
RoseH

I am still learning this website Giulia‌  and Maki

I lost my profile and I redid it and I am unclear as to what I have to do to not “lose anything” on this website...  Did I miss something or some instructions regarding the “two platforms” you are talking about?  Is there a post I missed?  I really don’t want to lose anything in my file...  Thanking you both in advance for some information/direction!

0 Kudos

RoseH wrote:

I am still learning this website Giulia  and Maki

I lost my profile and I redid it and I am unclear as to what I have to do to not “lose anything” on this website...  Did I miss something or some instructions regarding the “two platforms” you are talking about?  Is there a post I missed?  I really don’t want to lose anything in my file...  Thanking you both in advance for some information/direction!

Not sure how your profile was cleared out. It was an isolated event as far as I know though.

Please see my comments above: two platforms comments 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
indingrl

Who is wellvolution of cakifornia - NEW and becomeanx ends????

0 Kudos

indingrl wrote:

Who is wellvolution of cakifornia - NEW and becomeanx ends????

Wellvolution is a company who partners with us to provide the EX Program to their members in California who have Blue Cross Blue Shield. If you are a Wellvolution member and live in California you may be eligible for additional benefits on BecomeAnEx through the EX Program.

I don't get your New and becomeanex ends comment.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Sorry for confusion EX n wellvolution - end comment was I thought EX ending and NEW is wellvoltion period- no worries I understand now Sir Mark thank you

0 Kudos