cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

A Dueling Match with Martha Stewart and Maxine : A Few Laughs

Here is a funny make-believe conversation between Martha Stewart and the beloved comic character Maxine, to brighten up your day:

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Here's one for KellanC74‌ : 

MARTHA : Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of an ice-cream cone to prevent ice-cream drips.

MAXINE : Just suck the ice-cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake!  You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway! 

************************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA : To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

MAXINE : Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix. Keeps in the pantry for up to a year.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA : When a cake reciepe calls for flouring the pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any mess on the outside of the white cake.

MAXINE: Go to the bakery! They'll even decorate it for you!

***********************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA : If you accidentally over salt a dish while it's cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt  for an instant "fix-me-up".

MAXINE : If you oversalt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: " I made it, you will eat it, and I don't care how bad it tastes".

***************************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA: Wrap celery in aluminum foil  when putting it in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.

MAXINE : Celery? Never heard of it...

************************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA: Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.

MAXINE : The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I don't.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA: Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

MAXINE : Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink! All your pains go away! 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA : If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy. 

MAXINE : Go ask that very cute neighbor if he can open it for you.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

MARTHA : Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze it into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.

MAXINE : Left over wine ?????? HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The tips from Martha on potatoes, celery, and opening jars were new ones to me that I will definitely try!!

As for Maxine, she's a favorite of mine and I got a big kick out of her responses to Martha's "perfect life" suggestions~ 

ONE LAST WORD FROM MAXINE :

maxine comic jpeg.jpg

Tags (1)
8 Replies
KellanC74

Good thing it wasn’t fluff holding the ice cream in the bottom of the ice cream cone 

sweetplt

LOL...loved these Suzy SuzyQ411 ... Thank you for a good laugh and smile...Colleen 673 DOF 

SuzyQ411

Glad you enjoyed them Colleen sweetplt

My baby sister in Vermont sent it via email today. I know I got a big kick out of it!! XOX

Left over wine? I'm with Maxine on that one! I am curious if the celery thing works though. 

SuzyQ411

I know...makes me want to buy some just to see if it does keep that stuff fresh. I seldom buy it as I live alone and there's just so much of it to try and use up before it gets all whimpy!! 

LeftysLady

Suzy I will try Martha's ideas but as always Maxine is every day life.  Thank you for the best ending to a mentally formed a of a day.

Pam 

3 Days of Freedom.

SuzyQ411

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you LeftysLady‌.. Day 3 is the pits in the stages of a quit...glad you enoyed Martha vs. Maxine and a sincere congratulations on your quit progress- you are doing great! 

congratulations with thumbs up.jpg

LeftysLady

Thanks

0 Kudos