cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jgwhiting

Hi everyone.

Hi, I’m Jessie. Today is my quit date. I just put my first patch on. I’m super nervous. 

10 Replies

Welcome, so glad you are here! Do you have a plan to deal with your worst triggers? If not, make some to help get you through the first few weeks. I played a lot of games on my phone - something to keep my hands and brain busy! Reach out as you need for help and encouragement, this site has helped me through many a craving. 

tyndallgw

Hi Jessie!  Welcome.  All of the people here are great....lean on them when you need a lift or some support.  I'm on day 45 of my quit and have come to this website every day.  It has helped tremendously knowing that I was not the only one going through this life changing transition.

JACKIE1-25-15

Jessie.

Welcome to the EX Community.  You have come to the right pass for support to quit smoking. Many of us have had success with a NOPE attitude.  Not One Puff Ever no matter what is happening in your life.  I am a firm believer education is the key to success.  Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the EX Community you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and learn more about  your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come

I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me More info is available at this site  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help‌.  The main thing is to stay close.  Come here first before you light up. Talk about it.  We will help. Never give up Never give in hang tough. NOPE will keep you free. 

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...

So glad you found us Jgwhiting ... Be sure to do the recommendation readings offered by JACKIE1-25-15 

Also, stay close to the support site and stay busy.  We are here for you...and have all gone through this journey, it isn’t easy, but it’s doable...Gotcha in my thoughts ... Happy Friday ~ Colleen 669 DOF

pastedImage_3.gif

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Jgwhiting   How is going so far?   Use that quit plan as you progress on your journey.  We're here to support you.  Just reach out anytime you need encouragement--we want you to be successful.

Barb

indingrl

Hello and welcome - I am so glad you are here

Maki

Cousin-Itt

WELCOME Jessie     Remember Yes You Can Do This

elvan

Welcome to EX, if you have not already been welcomed officially by YoungAtHeart‌, I am sure she will be along shortly.  You very well may have already been welcomed.  I agree that education is huge in this recovery, I read everything I could find about nicotine addiction.  I am a retired RN, you would think that at least SOME of that would have been familiar.  Sadly, back when I became a nurse, addiction wasn't really given a whole lot of attention.  I am sure it is much different now than it was back then, when dinosaurs walked the earth.  Quitting is a journey, one day at a time, sometimes one feeling at a time, it is not something you can rush through or skip parts of...it has to be taken as it comes.  I will not tell you it was easy, that was not my experience, I will tell you that it is possible and more and more people are quitting all the time.

We are happy that you are here and we want to help you in any way that we can.

Ellen