cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Help

I am having serious cravings that have lasted about 45 minutes now and I don’t want to cave.

15 Replies
sweetplt

Oh Juliejules2456 ... go get a shower...and breath....you can’t smoke in the shower....or do you want to talk about something of interest...we can ... back and forth...let me know...I want to help...it should be late enough in the evening to shower, get in pjs...relax  and watch a program...something funny, go to bed early, tomorrow's a new day ... and you will be stronger if you don’t smoke tonight....sending out vibes your way....~ Colleen  

Thank you I’m going to take a shower now.

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gif

Barbara145

Great job reaching out for help.  Slow deep breaths will help, I promise.  Focus on all you are gaining by quitting.  It is so worth it.  It just takes time.  Give it time.

sweetplt

Let us know how you are doing...I so feel for you ... I know it is awful...but I just know you can get through it...glad you are showering hon...

Maki

Wow , you are awesome and you deserve to get through today . Posting was the best thing .. I hope you realize the good you did to help yourself stay quit . 

A shower should help it pass like was mentioned... if not take a walk maybe .. or turn up some music . Someone mentioned turning in early again another good idea , do what works for you and give yourself a pat on the back ... I know it's a horrible feeling but you are doing everything right . 

indingrl

Thank you for sharing and most of all for you and your self honesty and courage - it was suggested to ME in the beginning when a crave hits to bite into a lemon peel and all - it works - it brings ME back into the moment - then I come an blog to tell what's going on or a venting blog or take 3 deep breathes or jog in place or dance to rock n roll or your fav music - CONGRATS staying nicotine freeeee - yahooooooo - WAY TO GO 

Trisha76

You have all the power and control over the trigger.  I always talk back to it and try doing something else like taking your shower.  Focus on the joy of being a non smoker.

YoungAtHeart

You did GOOD to come here for help.  Exactly the right choice!

But..................................................................

you were thinking about that crave too much if you knew it had lasted for 45 minutes!  What ELSE besides blog and take a shower could you have done?  Called a friend?  Found an exercise routine on YouTube?  Played a computer game?  Marched in place, done a few sets of stairs, done some sit/stands, or the motions to jumping jacks?  Or push-ups (if you can do them)?  Cleaned out a drawer (or a closet)?  Remember that list I gave you earlier.? Find ten things on there and write them down so the next time you are in a pinch you can just grab one and DO it!

This takes effort in the early days - and staying busy is part of that.

But - I am PROUD that you thought to come here and ask for help.  Good job!