cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Private Message Length Changed/Limited?

I was just attempting to send a PM to someone and the end of the message was - stopped.  Just wondering if that's my own computer problem or whether there's been a change in the allowed message length?  Jive change?  or changes that we can look forward to with the move to the next platform?  Mark

Anybody else found this true?

PS - Never Mind. It started working again.  Must be my ancient laptop that's causing the problem.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That’s odd I’ve never encountered it but could have been a temporary issue with the site.  I wouldn’t restrict things like that.  Also there won’t be any site changes on a Jive.  It is what it is until we move to the new platform.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks.  It happened again after I posted.  I think it's my laptop.  It's starting to go.

0 Kudos

Mark       The same thing just happened to me just now!  It's not YOU, Giulia!

0 Kudos

YoungAtHeart

Do you know roughly how many letters it was cutting off at?  When it stops can you copy into Microsoft Word or Google Docs and then do a character count to see where it is cutting off at?  I have composed a couple messages in the last few days that didn't have any restrictions. I believe it is happening. 

Please note that I didn't make any changes so it could be a legitimate issue. Unfortunately there is now limited support for the software now. We are working on a move to a new community platform so in the next couple months we'll be in a new house with all the furniture moved.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I don't think it's a word limit. The message I was trying to send was 10 lines, and the last line was only half appearing at the end line   When you open the send pm window, it is a small box - and it doesn't expand as you type.  It does not have a Send option showing within the box, either There is no blue bar appearing at the right side.  Even if you keep it short, there is no send option.

I am reporting it just, really, to let Giulia know she isn't the only one with the problem.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Nancy.  Yes, my situation didn't have a Send option either.  It's a mute point, however since we'll be moving into new digs soon.

0 Kudos

YoungAtHeartGiulia

Ah yes I saw some weird formatting one time. I think it had to do with the profile being flipped back to the old layout to avoid the unexpected error you are seeing sometimes when you visit the profiles when they're set to the new layout. Perhaps there is a bug in the old layout with respect to the private message window.  Thanks for clarifying with those details! I'll try to play around with it and see if I can figure out what is happening.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos