AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I get my son to stop vaping?

Question asked by MotherofAsher on Sep 28, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2020 by smiling_accountant

I discovered that my son was vaping about a year and a half ago. He was grounded for a month, I threw all of his vaping stuff out, and even made him train to run a half marathon with me. I would do room checks randomly and for a while it seemed he was on the up and up. I believed him when he told he he had stopped. Today, over a year later I found alcohol AND vaping stuff in his drawer. When I confronted him, he told me he had never stopped vaping even though he had promised me through tears that he had. I don't know what to do right now. I can't trust him. I know that he has to want to change. I can ground him forever and take everything he loves away and he'll still find a way to vape if he wants to. So what do I do? How do I first get him to want to stop and then actually go through the pain of withdrawals to actually do it. Is he too young and immature to hold himself accountable? Are there online support groups for teens that will help? I'm desperate. He is 17 and a senior in high school and I'm scared for him to graduate and go into the world with this addiction. Help!!!

Outcomes