cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Farmkidd25

New here

Hi, my name is Matt. It's my first time here trying to figure things out. I Chew tobacco and am ready to quit. I want to quit for my health and my family. I need to learn to value my self and my health again. I started taking chantix today!

Tags (1)
9 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Farmkidd25‌ 

Welcome.  There are some others recently here who mentioned quitting Chewing Tobacco. Specifically this post is pretty recent.  You can also check our our page specifically for How to Quit Chewing Tobacco, Snuff or Snus .

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Matt.  You came to  the right place for support.  If you haven't done so already, educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  These two steps made quitting possible for me.  You'll want to use your Chantix for a while (check directions) before you stop the tobacco.  

If you need to support or just want to share your journey, just reach out.  We're here for you.

You can do this one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Hello and happy Monday, Matt! Welcome.

There's lots to read on the site. Come back and let us know how we can help.

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX & good for you wanting to take this journey to recovery from nicotine addiction. Nicotine is a very powerful addictive drug. This really is a one day at a time journey. Read everything you can about this addiction, make a plan for your quit, what will you do INSTEAD of chewing? What are your biggest triggers? We are all here to help you in any way that we can.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Maki

Where we work our way one day at a time to a healthier smoke free life . 

0 Kudos

“I need to learn to value my self and my health again.”

Excellent!  A great thinking start.  I used Chantix on my first quit (lol).  It was a miracle drug for me.  I hope it is the same for you.  You can do this quit “thing”.  Believe it!  Best Wishes.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to Ex!

0 Kudos
Farmkidd25

Thank you everyone for responding! It amazes me how serious this addiction is and how hard it is to find professional help. I have finally found a psychologist to meet with Wednesday who specializes in quitting and addiction. I think the hardest part is getting your head and thinking right.

indingrl

Welcome and I am so glad for you

0 Kudos