cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zaxa11

Deep Breathing is for me!

I don't even think about it now.  I just find myself doing it all the time.  It's so nice.   It's not only relaxing, it's extremely healing.  I can feel that clean air going through my body and just stopping wherever it's needed.  My friends were always telling me to take deep breaths.  I thought they were full of ....!  They weren't.  It truly is amazing.

I had a wonderful day at the Farmers Market yesterday.  I got some green tomatoes for frying.  Some PauPaus for ice cream.  Some flowers.  It was just really nice.  Never even thought about a cigarette.

Did when I got home though.  A Craving really hit hard.  Due to previous cravings, I gave it ten minutes and it went ALMOST down to nothing.  

My cat, Ms Muppet, really enjoys the clean air too.  The first thing she does, every time she comes up to me, is smell my hands.  She's making sure that SMELL isn't on me.  It's so cute.  We're going for a walk as soon as I find the right size box for some old files.  She loves her pink stroller!  One night she went up to it, about 1am, stood there looking up at me, looking at the stroller, looking at me..... There was no way, but it was sweet to know she enjoyed it so much.

I hope you all have a great SMOKE-FREE day!

I'm in the double-digits now.  10 Days smoke-free!  I never thought it was possible.

Zaxa

10 Replies
sweetplt

Whoo hoo to Double digits zaxa11 ! Way to go...and you really sound good...and working through the craves is the best thing you can do for yourself...Ms. Muppet sounds adorable...LOL...Have a good walk...Colleen 

Barbscloud

Congrats on 10 days.   You're doing great enjoying activities without smoking.

Barb

WhispersQSMB

It definitely works. I would use a straw and pull on it, hold it in for 2-3 seconds and exhale. Helped me through a lot of anxious moments. You're doing great

indingrl

- WAY TO GO 10 DAYS OF NICOTINE FREEEDDDOOMMMMMM - Yahooooooooo - GOOD JOB

Cousin-Itt

Glad you are finding thing you enjoy doing and hitting  double digits is great

As far as the deep breaths I was like you at first It sounded like BS to me also.  So I kept banging my head on the wall for awhile before I realized how it really worked and how good deep breathing really was  

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS! You really are doing GREAT!

Ellen

Strudel

Great post! Congrats to you on 10 days!! Stay close! 

0 Kudos

10 days is fantastic, way to go! In the past, would you have had a cigarette when you got home from an outing like going to the market? That might be what caused it to be so intense. Those 'habit' ones still get me some days. 

0 Kudos
Maki

Huge Congratulations ! 

Keep rockin it ! 

0 Kudos