cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Raemad

Quitting with Multiple Sclerosis

Hello! I've been a smoker for 8 years and diagnosed with MS for 11 (I agree, bad combo). I quit, yet again, 3 days ago and I feel like my symptoms are going wild. I expected chest pain but my neurogenic pain and MS hug are BAD. Do any other Ex's have MS or experience with someone with MS quitting? I know it be better from me regardless, I'm just trying to keep from getting discouraged. 

Thanks! 

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Raemad

Edit: *will be

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Raemad

Welcome! I know that jconfusionTabbiekatabelsyaya‌ and lakeside3‌ have mentioned multiple sclerosis so perhaps they can impart some knowledge about their experience with quitting.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Welcome! I have no experience with MS, but wanted to say hi and we will support and encourage you in your quit. Please reach out if you are feeling discouraged. 

0 Kudos
Maki

Hi and welcome . 

I do not have MS ,  so I do not know how or if quitting smoking  would affect you differently or how that might be , but I want to encourage you to quit smoking . Quitting is one of the best things you can do for yourself . 

I do have a friend and a nephew with M.S. so know a bit about MS but neither smoke . Many of us have other health issues not related to smoking and have quit ... you can too . Keep the quit . Glad you are here . 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Well, I am so sorry to just be seeing this I have MS. I just came off a terrible time with it and am back in remission. Thats said, I have been quit for 6 plus years. I hope by now your feeling better? I still; get MS hugs from time to time and they are horrible. Dont think it ha anything to do with when I smoked, but in your case maybe anxiety of recent quit may have brought the hug on?

Message me if ya wanna talk

indingrl

Welcome and congrats on nicotine FREEDOM