cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zaxa11

Life is not a 'drag'!

Life is busy but it certainly is NOT a drag!  Yesterday was a run here run there, run back here, go there, kind of day!  I apologize for not getting on here long enough to tell you I am still smoke-free.  Day NINE!!!

I sleep like you wouldn't believe.  I'll be sitting here watching a movie, and all of a sudden, two hours is gone with a 'nap'.  And I do that at least twice a day plus sleep pretty good at night.  Is that part of quitting?

I have a busy day today too, but I hope to get back on here later...especially to congratulate that one person on their week.  I really never thought I would make mine.  But you guys are awesome!  That's how it works.

I have a friend who wants to quit smoking, and I tell her about this site, and she comes up with excuses that are just downright lame, for not getting on here.  Drives me nuts.  Apparently she's not ready to quit yet.

Anyway, my ride will be here shortly to take me to the Farmers Market, so I have to go.  Got to get trash ready to go out.  

Thanks again everyone!

Zaxa

8 Replies
indingrl

9 DAYS OF NICOTINE FREEDOM - Yahooooooooo Zaxa - WAY TO GO -  I took naps and slept ALOT in the beginning too - thank you so much for sharing the joy of your day - enjoying your NON SMOKER DAY -  farmers market are wonderful - I hope YOU have a good N.O.P.E. day

YoungAtHeart

This quit journey is different for everyone.  Some suffer insomnia, some seem to need sleep ALL the time.  Your body is working extra hard in the background to heal itself from the damage done, so give it what it says it needs.  If it's sleep, so be it!

Staying busy is key to making these early days easier to get through  Glad you are finding things to do that!

Almost to the DDC (Double Digit Club).  Good for you!!

Barbscloud

Congrats on day 9 smoke free.   Some folks need to sleep, while others need to stay busy.  I was the latter.  Listen to your body right now and give it what it needs.  You deserve it.

Barb

sweetplt

Happy 9 days of Freedom zaxa11 ... Soon you will be apart of the double digit club...

Count yourself lucky, that you are tired and sleep...that was me...I had the same thing for several months when I first quit smoking...Most have trouble sleeping...so I think our problem was better...I still sleep good at night, but not as tired in the day...I think when you body and mind are healing they need the rest...Have a great shop at the Farmer’s Market and a beautiful Saturday...Colleen 663 DOF 

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on 9 days of freedom, good for you.  Your body is in recovery mode, pamper it and yourself.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Congrats on 9 days! I have been dealing with insomnia during my quit, so a good sleep sounds wonderful. Hope you found some goodies at the market. 

0 Kudos
LeftysLady

Congratulations on 9 days of freedom.  I remember the days of sleep.  I am down to 1 nap a day, it last anywhere from 15minutes to 2 hours.  I do try not to take more than one, which means when I feel myself starting to snooze, I get up and move; unless I have been moving and deserve my snooze.

Life is fun when you don't have to take time to puff on a suicide stick.  I love God's version of a deep inhale it is so much sweeter.

Enjoy the snooze.  Sweet dreams.

Pam

17 DOF

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Yeah! Thanks for sharing your success. Keep it coming.

0 Kudos