cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zaxa11

One Week Today!

1 WEEK of Non-Smoking!!!

It's been a hard week too.  The panic attacks, the anxiety, the cravings...almost caving a couple of times.  It's been very

stressful.

But you guys have made it possible.  Thank you so much.  I have a friend who's taking me out for an ice cream cone to celebrate.  And I'm making crock pot chicken with home-made egg noodles and biscuits!  Real heart healthy! lol

Deep breaths has been the key for me.  I don't just do them when I'm craving now, I do them a lot.  And I find that I'm a little calmer than usual despite being without cigarettes or vape.

Exercise is next but I have to keep a handle on this quitting smoking.  I saw one person who had 46 days.  I can see that it  would be a number doable for me, and then to lose it.... how heart-breaking.  I've got to keep an eye on the smoking.  Never forget...so I will be coming here a lot and boring you all with my fears.

Thanks for being there,

Zaxa

15 Replies
Jen_819

Congratulations!!! You are rocking this! I have used breathing exercises as well and it really helps.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

There's a reason the sayings "one day at a time" and "keep it simple" work so well. Keep that focus on your quit for now. Keep it precious and keep it moving forward. Everything else can wait.

I love that you're using deep breathing to fight panic. Notice how wonderful everything smells!

And keep up the great work.

You are DOING THIS!!

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Congratulations on one week.  You are doing great.  Quitting smoking was stressful for me too.  It is however so worth it. Keep it up.  You will never regret quitting.  Life is so much better without smoking.

0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS! Good for you, you sound GREAT!

Ellen

0 Kudos
tyndallgw

Way to go XAXA11!  Truly an accomplishment.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

CONGRATULATIONS

You made it through H#ll Week

Now on to Heck Week

and a month quit

and SIX months quit

and on to

FOREVER!

(one day at a time!)

sweetplt

Congratulations zaxa11 1 week of freedom is super...in fact, now you know you didn’t die from quitting...you must stay vigilant and continue on this journey by reaching out for support and encouraging others.  1 week is early in the quit and there is still much work, many habits to break, and many emotions to see through...but all can be done “one step at a time”...and look you are doing it...be proud of YOU...Have a beautiful day and I love the hearty reward...Colleen 661 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your first week smoke free.  That's a fabulous achievement.   I highly recommend some exercise--walking is great.  It really helps to keep your quit going forward.

Barb

0 Kudos
Strudel

Big congrats on your quit! Stay close - you are doing this! 

0 Kudos