cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

Happy FriYay!!!

Happy Friday all! Today is Day 5 for me and I feel really good! I feel strong! I had a huge challenge today and I still am not sure how I am going to handle it later. My son is doing remote learning right now for school and he was marked absent this morning. I called him numerous times and texted him, but no answer. Quite frankly I have been very annoyed with his 17 year old attitude!!! I am staying strong and not letting him get to me. Anyways, I wanted to reward myself this morning with a fruity drink, like a smoothie or something. I stopped to two carry outs and they didn't have anything that sounded good, the thought didn't even cross my mind to buy cigarettes!!! Proud of me!! I did buy myself a pumpkin spice latte at Speedway haha!!! 

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent as well as applaud myself! Have a good day! I will be here all day!

12 Replies
Barbscloud

Happy day 5.  I can only image how a 17 year old would be a challenge.  This certainly calls for some deep breathing. 

No smoking allowed!!!

Barb

sweetplt

Happy Friday Jen Jen_819 ... sorry that your son skipped school...but smoking won’t help him or you...in fact, sad fact that so many kids today don’t take education important.  I hope you and he will be able to come to a common agreement about him continuing his education to graduate.  Glad you treated yourself to a latte...funny but sometimes that makes the difference in the beginning of our quits, a treat...Have a great Friday...Hang in there...Day 5 is super...

~ Colleen 662 DOF 

Cousin-Itt

Jen you did well by staying strong       I do feel sorry for a lot of mothers with teenage sons My mom raised 4 boys and I'm surprised she lived to be 93       She always told us she hasn't given up on any us up until the day she died. I still love and miss her

Jen your son will be ok and you will never stop worrying because that's what good moms do By the way I promise you he feels the same way about you as I did and do about my mom.  

YoungAtHeart

You did GOOD!

Glad you treated yourself - good idea! 

Be sure to celebrate when you make it through H#ll Week!

indingrl

Jen and WAY TO GO - staying a NON SMOKER - no matter what life on life's terms HITS you with - GOOD JOB - 5 DAYS OF NICOTINE FREEEEEEEDDDOOOOMMMM- Yahoooooooo

MarilynH

You are doing super fantastic with your awesome quit journey wowser on teenagers I'm so glad you treated yourself because you really did great sticking with N.O.P.E......

elvan

WOW, you did GREAT, never feel like you need to apologize for a rant...it is a WHOLE lot better than smoking. I had a terrible time getting my son to go to school so l have no good advice.
Congratulations on FIVE DAYS!

Ellen 

tyndallgw

Way to go Jen!  You have been in my thoughts and prayers ever since we both first joined this community (at about the same time).  You (and I) have the power to beat this demon....let's do it. 

meWisconsin

Congratulations on day 5 smoke free and congratulations for not giving into the temptation when things get stressful. Onward to day 6.

Terry

Keep up the good quit