cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tibbetsethan

How do I get through depression and anxiety during quitting vaping, and tips on using nicotine gum to quit?

Hello and greetings, I only quit 4 hours ago and am trying to find lots of information out to help me beat my cravings. I already have anxiety, depression, and insomnia, so I know quitting vaping is going to be pretty challenging for me but I am determined because of health reasons. I chose Nicorette to quit but I don't really know how to use it other than what the basic is every 1-2 hours for the 4mg for 7 weeks. Also, how do I get through the depression and anxiety that comes along with quitting if there is some? Did you personally experience anxiety and depression during your quit? I have a plan for insomnia as my family doctor prescribed me a temporary prescription of Ambien to get me through the first few days to a week. It took about 2 weeks for me to fully get over the effects of smoking, but now I have been vaping a pod a day of 6mg e-liquid in my NJoy, I don't really know anything else to expect so any tips and advice would help ease my worries a lot, I appreciate you guys very much! 

Thank you!

--An anxious person

4 Replies
indingrl

https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/understanding-nicotine-withdrawal-symptoms I hope this HELPS and GOOD JOB staying nicotine free one BREATHE AT A TIME

RoseH

Not everyone can quit “cold turkey”...  Talk to your family doctor if you need a NRT to help you (Nicotine replacement therapy)...

tibbetsethan

RoseH‌ I plan on talking to him as soon as he is back in town because right now he is in Austin getting trained in something having to do with COVID-19 due to a massive outbreak in my really small town, he's something like the public health official they call when things are going really bad like this. I am unable to even talk to his nurses because they...well they aren't much for words. The other doctors aren't very good at that place, like people I wouldn't trust with a hangnail lol. Tomorrow my psychologist calls me in the morning, I might talk to her too. You guys have given me some good advice on all of that, honestly I wouldn't have even thought about the doctor thing unless it had been mentioned. I appreciate all of you very much!

0 Kudos
RoseH

Good!  tibbetsethan‌