cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

The Serenity prayer isn't just for A.A.....

I used the Serenity prayer when I quit drinking and I used it to help me quit smoking as well and I still use it and will continue to use it on a daily basis to help me through all aspects of LIFE because LIFE is difficult at times and the Serenity prayer works in all aspects of our lives, lets keep each other in our thoughts and send each other positive vibes huge hug to each of you reading this and to those that aren't reading this are getting a virtual hug just the same....

3dbf86f12217fc4ab7dd48c45530001c.jpg

14 Replies
Maki

Hugs back Marilyn . 

One day at a time .

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gif Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 649 DOF 

AnnetteMM

I love the AA sayings. Keep it Simple. One Day at a Time. Stinking Thinking.  They all work here. And really, they all make us better people.

Maki

Interesting , I do not know AA terminology but have loved the serenity prayer . I have used "keep it simple " "one day at a time" and "stinking thinking " but no idea there was also a connection to AA . I never went through as a non AA member what AA calls no mans land however . I never did get a connection there , but knowing about it from the AA perspective may be helpful . 

I have noticed AA folks do quit dual addictions similarily . I say whatever works just do it . 

Strudel

Thanks Marilyn - I also use the serenity prayer everyday. 

indingrl

amen Marilyn - I thank MY Daddy God NO HUMANS OWN IT -  in MY Lord Jesus name amen - HOORAY FOR JESUS-  amen it is used in Alanon groups - Adult Children Of Alcoholics groups - Nicotine Anonymous groups - Over Eaters Anonymous groups - Emotions Anonymous groups - Anonymous Groups -  ALL over the World. and Prayer Circles groups and by ME - thank you so much for the REMINDER - GOD IS OFFER TO EVERYONE - JUST read for your self in 1 Corinthians Chapter 15 verses 1- 4 the FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL SALVATION - FREE to all who choose to believe what the Bible says in their OWN heart's of their OWN FREE WILL - please READ it for your self and the choice is ALL on you - HOORAY FOR JESUS thank you Marilyn for sharing ANYONE CAN SAY THE SERENITY PRAYER- it is FREE

MarilynH

Huge hug indingrl

0 Kudos
indingrl

Marilyn

RoseH

I say the Serenity Prayer a lot myself too!  MarilynH