cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(: I talked to my Dr :)

I am normally quite passive I'm very rarely aggressive BUT since I quit smoking 2,262 days agoI have to say I'm definitely more assertive instead of shoving down my emotions with the cancer sticks I try to speak my thoughts anyway obviously I should've pushed my Drs secretary last Wednesday instead of waiting until today to see if I could talk to him on the phone anyway better late than never  he called awhile ago and I told him I still am still having issues from being in ER last Tuesday so he's setting up a stress test getting me set up with a halter monitor as well as a blood pressure monitor so hopefully it won't take too long to get these things done hummm I guess I'm learning to be more proactive a little quicker from now on......

FB_IMG_1598363639874.jpg

22 Replies
Barbscloud

Glad you did.  We have to be our own heath care advocates.

MarilynH

Thank you I should have done it much quicker!

Maki

Hopefully the tests will set your mind at ease . You did the right thing .  I know what you experienced was concerning for you . You and your doctor know you best . Thanks for the update. 

MarilynH

Thank you Maki, it'll be great to get some answers....

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Better late now than the end of the month!

Good for you for standing up for you!!

MarilynH

Thank you  

0 Kudos
elvan

So glad to hear this...the monitor will let you know if your heart is experiencing any issues with activity or stress.  My brother in law, who is a physician, had to wear a monitor for two weeks which I had never heard of before.  I think they are usually for 48 hours and they ask you to keep track of what you are doing in case they see anything concerning.  I am so glad that you called and advocated for yourself.  Good for you.  In the meantime, please don't try to carry a cord of wood and bake bread simultaneously.

Love,

Ellen

indingrl

Beloved sister Marylin - GOOD JOB speaking up for your

MarilynH

0 Kudos