cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zaxa11

humor me!

Today is my quit day from cigs and vape!

I am still trying to familiarize myself with how this works.  I have the shakes, the sweats, craving food, and critiquing smokers on the movies I've been watching!  lol   Trying to keep my sense of humor.  I was expecting the shakes, the sweats...  not how many movies there are with smokers.

I have been smoking many, many years.  Not only am I allergic to it, so is my cat, Ms Muppet. She has a very tiny nose so the smoke is really really bad for her.  I can hardly breathe half the time, so the smoking is really really bad for me.

Is it okay to laugh at this?  I mean, to me, for me, to follow something like a little white cancer stick for the largest part of my life is just hilarious.  I have to laugh or I'll cry!  Maybe crying comes later.  I deserve every difficulty I have regarding my quit.  I knew.  I knew it caused emphysema, cancer, and a myriad of other things.  But you know what is making me quit?  The pocket-book!  That's funny.   That's so sick it's funny.

I will need all the help from you I can get.

You all have a great day!

11 Replies
RoseH

I did a post on How To Quit Smoking and this is it...  Just about everything you need to know, all in one place!

Click on the link below:

https://www.addictionsandrecovery.org/quit-smoking/how-to-quit-smoking-plan.htm

Barbscloud

Celebrate today.   You've prepared and stuck to your plan.  We're here to support you, so stay close.  Follow the directions for the lozenges.   You don't have to be off of them in a week.  

You got this one day at a time.

Barb

MarilynH

You've got this quit firmly in your grasp deep breaths and believe in yourself because we believe in you and we're rooting you on plus we're all here to help you in any way we can.....

elvan

You do not have to do this alone, we really are here for you. I could not watch movies or shows with smoking when l first quit. Now, l don’t even really pay attention. It takes time, stay close, know that “This too shall pass” It WILL get easier.

Ellen

Sootie

YUP! There is a lot of "black humor" associated with what we told ourselves about smoking. When I first quit.....an elder wrote this to me......

I can't believe that I used to think this was fun.

Take a paper tube and put dead leaves in it. (soak leaves in deadly chemicals first for flavor)

Place the paper tube in your mouth and light it on fire ---while still in your mouth

Inhale the smoke from the burning paper and leaves (and don't forget those chemicals!!)

Continue to inhale the smoke over and over until the paper/leaves are all burned away.

Then, in about 11 minutes.....do this all over again and again, and again, and again.

By the way......this will also cost you about $16.00 per day -----plus your health.

Stay strong....reach out if needed....we are here.

sweetplt

Keep close to the support site, we are here for you...~ Colleen 654 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Keep that sense of humor - gallows style though it is! 

It will make this journey easier!

You are DOING this!  How cool is THAT?

Good job on day one! Humor is good - helps with many things! Keep reaching out as you need support, it's exactly what we are here for! On to day two (woohoo!) 

LeftysLady

Read RoseH's blog and read Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking", it will turn you laughter into actual joy.  Then continue to read and communicate on this sight. Day Won done.  Let day two be a hoot.  Read a book instead of watching a movie, the characters rarely light up.

I have done everything I suggested and can honestly say I am celebrating 8 Days of freedom(DOF)

Continue the laughter

Pam