cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Etaylor7116

QUIT DAY!!!

Hi everyone, today is my quit date! I am using a 7mg patch. I have 2mg gum only for emergencies. I have been supplementing with dum dum lollipops and trident peppermint gum. So far so good. I’m staying positive. I am also using the quit genius app to train my brain to quit as well too. If I find myself looking for my vape I reach for the gum or lollipop. I will get through this day. Send me some positivity! 

Tags (2)
16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on sticking to your decision to quit vaping TODAY!  Be sure to come back this evening to celebrate Day WON with us!

I hope you did some of the reading I recommended?!  Be sure to change up your routines today, stay busy, change your mind's direction when those "need my vape" thoughts hit.  You have decided not to do that anymore, so don't think about it.  DO something instead to get your mind off of it  I hope you have a cold bottle of water handy from which to sip, and at least one phone game handy to play.

This is a decision you will never regret - so now just honor it every hour, every minute of these first few days.  They aren't going to be easy but they ARE doable!

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day.   Is your vaping material still there?   If so, it's best to eliminate any nicotine nearby.  It's just too tempting.

Sounds like you're prepared with your aids, so stay close and reach out if you need support.   

You got this, one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
Etaylor7116

I threw it in the trash this morning. I looked at it thought about taking a puff and said no, this is my quit day and I want this. 

Barbscloud

Yea!.  Good decision.

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

You can do it...you have a plan...keep busy and come here often to read, blog and / or post...Whoo Hoo...to Day 1...

Gotcha in my Thoughts...~ Colleen 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Day One is more than half over.  You are DOIN' THIS!  And when you awaken tomorrow morning you can proudly say "I did it yesterday and I can do it today!  Charge ahead!

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations! Positivity coming your way! Welcome to EX.

Ellen

0 Kudos
beazel

Staying positive will serve you well. Good job!

Dum Dum's are for Smarties!!!!

indingrl

0 Kudos