cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KAM_RGM

End of day 8

So I've made it to the end of day 8. All the info and feedback I've gotten from this community has been extremely helpful.  I'm not one who shares much or asks for help, so this community is just amazing to me. No judgment,  such a relief. I was actually suprised by all the encouragement I have been getting from my FB friends and co-workers.  

I have to say since I saved about $125 last week I spoiled myself and got myself a cheap 10 in tablet to play games on...to help distract me. 

I can't say it enough,  how much this community is helping me. Thank you all!

Oh another thing I have taught myself is, you made it "so many days without a smoke, so you know you don't need it". 

It was also really good to talk to the owner of the business I work for, and it's not that small of a business,  for him to take the time and talk to me today about his previous addiction to chewing tobacco.  He told me his story and just said one day at a time. I'm 48, he's a little younger than me. Such a boost though. 

Ahhh, feel better just letting anyone know how I'm doing

7 Replies
beazel

Good job! That first week can be full of ups and downs & you did it!!!

Yes indeed, a quit smoking forum makes a huge difference, so glad you are here.

One day at a time............

sweetplt

Wishing you a Happy Wednesday ... smoke free of course...KAM_RGM ~ Colleen 653 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Non-judgmental support makes a HUGE difference!  Glad you found it to be helpful.

Carry on!

Barbscloud

Big congrats on your first week smoke free.  It's a real motivator to save the money from cigarettes to treat yourself.  Some quitters save it for a big reward, but I still save mine each month for various things for myself.   I also bought a tablet a couple of years ago to play video games.   That was one of my big distractions.  

Happy the support has helped.

You're doing great.

Barb

maryfreecig

Great job! Congratulations on 8. Sounds like you have super support and just as important want it! Way to go.

0 Kudos
elvan

GREAT JOB! I got support from the least likely sources but l talked about quitting ALL the time, LOL. I am pretty sure some smokers wanted to punch me. You are doing GREAT. Keep going one day at a time, that’s the ONLY way it works.

Congraulations.

Ellen

Way to go on 8 days! This group really is a great help. Nice that you have support from people in your daily life. Keep on going - you're right, you don't need it.