cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Eric_L.

Hey its good to be back!

I stopped using tobacco and capes last december.  I'm not sure where people post now and don't c my old friends but.look forward.to.meeting new friends.

#

25 Replies
Barbara145

Hi Eric.  Good to see you.  How is that family?  Congrats on getting off vapes and cigarettes.  Hope you are well.

Eric_L.

We have a 4yo and my latest daughter is 5 days old.   Life goes on and such but be long overwhelmed with floods this year, covid, national politics, ongoing bug issue in our home, work and I have seriously been thinking about smoking even though that leads to nearly immediate asthma\breathing issues.

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.png To Ex’s...~ Colleen 651 DOF 

Giulia

Eric!!!!!  Congrats on your new daughter!  Glad you're here to maintain your quit!  Wise man.  Don't you DARE let it go.  Looking forward to adding you to the Elder's List.  It's easy to romance the cigarette in these times.  We're desperate for something pleasant.  Don't forget, however, that a cigarette really isn't pleasant.  That's just the addict mind foolin' with ya.  Poke around the Relapse Prevention‌ group for a refresher course.  Smoking will lead to breathing issues, but more than that, going back will just lead to lack of pride and sense of shame.  Keep the discipline.  You're magnificent!

Eric_L.

Yes.  but a shorty, a forty and a pack of smokes is sounding good (though I'd have to dig around to find a lighter unless I wanna burn my face on stove).   This is really the only battle ive had to fight re smoking despite everything going on in last 8 mos or whatever.  I don't do that anymore.  Well I'll try to make it to midnite.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

GOOD to see you.  These ARE challenging times, but please don't let your head talk you into going backwards to addiction because of it! 

How about some slow, deep breaths instead of a dirty addiction?

breathing-gif-5.gif

SO glad you came back to us before you gave in!  You KNOW all the problems will still be there after you put out that cigarette, turn off the Juul - and you will have yet one MORE problem with which to deal.  When you start to think about going back to addiction, change your mind's direction.  March in place!  Rock that baby!  Take her for a walz through the house, or down the drive or through the neighborhood, sing her a lullaby.   Do NOT let those smoking thoughts rattle through your brain unchallenged.  Play a computer game, sing out loud, put your head in the freezer and take a deep breath of cold air, take a bite out of a lemon (yep - rind and all!).

Just don't smoke!

Hang in there!  You KNOW you want to be around for a long, long time and walk that daughter down the aisle!

Eric_L.

I suppose wanting to smoke is nonsensical and Idk why I feel entitled to smoke knowing how fast my breathing gets bad.  I guess I just feel overwhelmed and it seems like life has turned into a blackjack game where obviously I feel like I can control the outcomes but the house always wins.  I'm not gonna lie this bug issue has weighed very heavy on me for a long time.  I know i sound like a pity party but every time we deal with this I feel dirty.  

Giulia

If you smoke you WILL be dirty.  "I'll try to make it to midnite."  Are you serious?  Are you THAT close to running out and buying a pack of smokes?  PM me.  Give me your phone number and I call you and do everything in my power to stop that from happening.  OK?!  And PS you're entitled to smoke.  We all are  We just have to continue to make the choice NOT to.  DON'T GO THERE ERIC.  DON'T GO THERE.

Eric_L.

I am not smoking.