cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lynn8

Hi, New here and to Chantix.....

I started my Chantix on 4/21 and smoked, as usual that whole week (school vacation was NOT a good week to quit, so it was to start the script)
My quit date was 4/28. That was Monday. I smoked 4 that day, 3 Tuesday, 3 Wednesday and ended up with 5/1 as the actual quit day. I had more triggers to avoid then I had though.
I stopped on Thursday, May 1 and haven't had a cig for the past 3 days.
It's Saturday now and I'm avoiding things the best I can.
I think I'm going to be glad I found a site like this! I'd hate to admit it, but the family isn't as supportive as I thought they'd be 😞
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
breathe

Fellow Chanter. The pills are sure helping me. I still have pinges of desire here and there... I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to drive without smoking. I have had medical issues that required several types of medications;just to be safe I stopped taking the Chantix for about a week. They do seem to hit the spot, I noticed that when I started taking them again. It's been nearly two months with out a single puff. It has been much easier than I had feared-based on previous attempts in the past.... And I too feel the world should take more notice of this incredible thing that I'm doing over here!! I deserve prizes, kisses and cheers!!!! hooray for me!!
0 Kudos
bill-v_

Lynn - I'm glad you want to quit, and I applaud the courage it takes to make the decision. But be aware...this is about you. Nobody else. Don't rely on anyone or anything. only yourself.
Chantix is a great help, and I'm glad I went through the program, but I discovered during the process that the real power is in ourselves. I learned that many people will use any excuse you can imagine to go back to smoking. My favorite was a woman whose dog died, and the grief made her smoke again after almost a 6 month quit. I believe she only "stalled off" her next smoke for 6 months, rather than quit. There should be nothing on God's green earth that will make you smoke again. No excuses, no whining, no crying. Be strong in your resolve and believe in yourself. And yes, Chantix will give you a helping hand!

Bill V.
Over three months closer to never again
0 Kudos