cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Covid, Mom & Life

Well my friends, it's been quite a crazy few weeks.  I went camping again for a quick getaway and 24 hours after I got there I came down with a fever of 101.3 for two days.  My first thought went to the virus and I was very scared.  Came home, went to the Dr for a covid test and thankfully it was Negative. Dr thinks it was a mild flu or just a 48 hours bug.

My sister got to see Mom In person on Friday for the first time in 6 months and today is my turn.  I cannot wait to give her a great big Hug and Kiss.  Mom is so excited and was thrilled to see my sister.  Lots of tears and smiles.

Life goes on as we live this nightmare that our government failed to protect us from.  I watch the news in horror about the failed opportunity to get a hold on this pandemic.  I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that the info was out there and kept hidden, thus keeping us in the state we are in.  The oath to Serve and Protect Americans failed to deliver.

My family celebrated my dads life as his one year passing arrived.  Hard to believe its been a year and we, my sister and I, spoke of good times, special moments and what a wonderful life he had.  

That's about it for now.  Hope you're all well and those of you in California safe. Prayers to all of you.

Hugs,

Ralph

25 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Good to see you!  Glad you got to go camping and will see your Mom later. ALL good news.

The fever?  Not so much.  Glad it wasn't the Big COVID!

I share in your anger at those who are charged with protecting us.  Being especially vulnerable  I am STILL at home  - for almost 6 months now.  My only salvation is a neighbor's inground pool where I have been able to swim laps this summer.  I don't know what I would have done without it.

Happy you are still quit! Enjoy Mom!

Ralph1955

Right there with you. Other than going to work and an occasional camping trip I stay home. This new way of life sucks in so many ways but, I'm still quit and will not be smoking no matter how stressed out I get.  

Love ya

Barbscloud

Always happy to hear from you.  Finally being able to see your mother in person is such a relief.   It is hard to believe that it's been a year already since your father passed--glad you have special memories.

I agree that this pandemic could have been handled much better.  Have to wonder how many people died needlessly including health care workers that didn't have the protection they needed.

Let us know how your visit with your mom goes.  I'm sure she really missed both of you.  It's sad.

Barb

Ralph1955

I'll be seeing mom at 1:00 and on Friday I volunteered to cut residents hair.  That should be a busy day for me. Oy

sweetplt

I am so happy for you Ralph Ralph1955 soon you will see your mom...I saw mine and my dad, but no hugging or touching...Oh you dear sweet man .. cutting the residents hair...how nice of you...I wish you could do my dad’s...he says constantly “I need a hair cut”...poor guy...let us know how things go Ralph ... Have a great day...~ Colleen 

Ralph1955

What a great day.  As soon as we saw one another we started to cry.   So blessed today.

mom3.jpgmom4.jpgmom2.jpg

Strudel

These are wonderful pictures! I am so glad that you were able to spend time with your mom! My parents are both gone - but, I often think how difficult this situation would be if they were still alive and we couldn’t see each other. (And - I totally agree with you about the lack of national leadership through this whole thing. If there had just been a clear message from the beginning - I think it would have made a huge difference.....)

redpepper

double like

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Oh Ralph Ralph1955 I have tears coming down my face...gosh I am so happy for you both...