cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Ending Wellbutrin

I'll be coming up to the end of my prescription in the next couple weeks. Is there anything I should be prepared for when I'm no longer taking Wellbutrin? I'm not sure if I'll notice any difference or not, but would like to hear others experience. 

Labels (1)
8 Replies
nomorebutts62

I was taking Chantix and decided I need to continue this journey on my own.  The best thing to do is read about what to expect once you stop.  You may have some withdrawal  once you stop, at least I did with the Chantix.  I was about to enter my 3rd month and started feeling "off" for a lack of a better way to explain.  I am now seven days w/o the aid and feel confident I will complete my journey w/o the aid.  The best of luck to you.

elvan

nomorebutts62‌ Good for you, keep that attitude & remember that we are here to help.

0 Kudos
Strudel

I took Wellbutrin when I quit. My doctor reduced the dose at about week 4 - but then I continued it through the full recommended 12 weeks. I felt like I could have stopped earlier - but, my doctor wanted me to stay on it. When I stopped - I did not notice any difference in my quit. I felt pretty secure at that point - based on the readings recommended here - and most importantly- because of the great support here. That was 10 years ago. Congrats on your quit! 

YoungAtHeart

Might you reduce the amount with the Rx you have left - if it worked for Strudel.  You could check with your doctor about it, too - and see what they think about reducing the amount, stopping it, etc.

You are doing SO well - just want you to keep it up!

indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS on NON SMOKER lifestyle

Thanks all! I think I'm on the lowest dose, but should follow up with my doctor. I feel OK going off it, but if there was something that could be an obstacle I wanted to be aware so I could be prepared. 

elvan

Good job planning ahead.  I don't have any experience so I don't know what to tell you.  I do think you seem to have a solid handle on your quit...congratulations.

Ellen

Barbscloud

I also used Welbutrin along with nicotrol inhalers.   Do check with your doctor, because it indicates not to stop it abruptly.  I can't say I experienced an increase in withdrawal symptoms when I quit. 

Good job!

Barb