cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zaxa11

I need some help...

Hello I need some help!  

If I make it till five I'll be okay for another day.  I have to order my rides for next day by 5.  I haven't smoked all day and I am craving...it's crazy!  All I have to do is call and make an appointment for a ride tomorrow, go get some cigarettes and I'll be right back in the boat that started this mess.  I still have my vape but that's not doing it.  I do/don't want to smoke.

HELP!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You have made a decision that you are not going to smoke - so why are you arguing with yourself about it?  That is just counterproductive!!!  If you have vaping supplies handy, get rid of them - now!  Reintroducing nicotine back into your body will  ruin the progress you have made.

Get your mind on something else!  Here is a list to give you a starting point: 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

DO NOT sit there and think about calling for that ride. Change your mind's direction. This quit thing takes some effort on your part in the early days, and it WILL get easier - as long as you don't put nicotine back in your body.

Get busy  - right NOW!

zaxa11

Hi Youngatheart.  Thank you for your feedback.  I will NOT call about that ride.  But I think somethings been lost in the translation here, or I never said it well.  I was planning on quitting the cigarettes and my Vape on the 17th.  Right now, I'm planning on quitting cigarettes, and when the time comes....hopefully before the 17th as it did with smoking, I will quit vaping.  Where I am at, I get the vape oil without nicotine.  I just vape the oil.  It's a hand-to-mouth thing as with cigarettes.  That's what drives me really crazy!

Thank you so much,

Zaxa

0 Kudos
MarilynH

How are you doing zaxa11?  We're all here for you and we're rooting you on.....

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Glad you're reaching out.  You're doing great.  Don't sell yourself short because all our  quits are  unique--stick to your plan.   Whatever your  journey, we're here to support you.

Hugs

Barb

maryfreecig

Wanting to quit, wanting to smoke comes with the territory of quitting. It is a very weird part of changing and ending the addiction. But you know that Exers have been where you have been--the beginning. That's where it all happens! The drama, the angst, the peril, the hope. Succeeding. That is all within you. Keep sticking with Ex, read, learn, work your plan. Yes you can do this one day at a time.

elvan

You can do this, I cannot imagine vaping but I never did it so that would explain that, right?  I hated smoking but I kept going for years and years until I did so much damage to my lungs that I am reminded every day of how addicted I was.  I have heard some people say they cut straws into the lengths of cigarettes and chewed on them, someone also used cinnamon sticks because they really helped to distract.  You can do this...

Ellen

0 Kudos
tyndallgw

First few days are crazy tough, no getting around it.  You need to do anything you can to not smoke.  Have you considered a nicotine replacement like gum or the patch?  The gum really helped take the edge off my cravings. 

-George

elvan

I sucked on Sour Patch Kids because the flavor was so intense that it distracted me. I also found that if l ate too many, my mouth & tongue would be really sore. It really does get better, it’s a journey, one day at a time. One of my favorite sayings is from OldBones-Larry‌, “One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to be.” 
Ellen

0 Kudos