cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Redo of Nancy ( Youngatheart )

YoungAtHeart‌, whom happens to be one of my Elders who has been active in my quit since I came to Ex, is also one of the first people I ever painted. My first attempt was around a year ago when I first started painting humans .

My subject matter has mostly been wildlife and horses. So anyway, when I painted her before I used acrylics. This time it is in Oil. Acrylics are faster to dry and not as forgiving IMO. They also dry darker then when they are first applied.

So I am using Oils now on most all of them.

I am no pro. I did once have a busy mural business but I don't  do ladders or heights anymore, lol. I am really enjoying this portrait painting and I so many of you are willing to be my 'victims', as I learn this process. I have a to on my list to paint so if you are one of them, be patient...I will get to you . I also have commissioned work that often times takes priority over these, as I do not charge for the ones I do for all of you.  If you want to be added to list, message me.

DonnaMarie‌ is next followed by a redo of MarilynH who was also one of my first.

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone, stay safe!

Nancy :

IMG_4693.jpgIMG_4699.jpgIMG_4710.jpgIMG_4776.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
11 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Oh, MY,  I LOVE it!

Thank you so very, very much!

Can't say it enough - thank you!

Mandolinrain

You're welcome. I still see many errors in it.....I may even work on it some more yet? Who the heck knows.....I look at it and think, Oh its done, then I walk back in the room and see more things that need done.  hahahahaha Its good to step away from it for awhile.  You will get it eventually, lol

YoungAtHeart

I am not in any hurry.  Take your time and enjoy the work!!!

I like to hold my artwork up to a mirror - I usually know there is SOMETHING wrong, but somehow it is easier for me to spot what it is in a mirror image.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Mandolinrain

I learned today to turn the painting sideways or upside down and it helps see mistakes! Very cool.....and yep, it works....so no, am not done with it, lol

MarilynH

You are so very talented Missy and you're a sweetheart plus a friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family thank you in advance huge caring hug coming your way.

FB_IMG_1599044208849.jpg

Cousin-Itt

Missy  I think you work is fantastic.  I appreciate mine so much and have received several compliments on it  

Thank You Again

sweetplt

Dear Missy...your work is, what Carl above me said, Fantastic...I love this picture of Nancy...Have a great holiday weekend...~ Colleen ~ 641 DOF 

indingrl

Beautiful Missy - well done

elvan

Missy, you get better & better! I LOVE your work!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Ellen