Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

September 2020: Welcome new members!

The September Quitters have arrived!

There are always new members joining the community. A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Log out of the community by clicking this link.
  3. Then log back into the community to sync it.
  4. Look at your profile and confirm your correct date is showing.

When you log back in it will sync it over so it appears on your community profile. If your quit date is synced and you've indicated how many cigarettes you used to consume before you quit(update it in your community profile, otherwise we assume 20/day), your Quit Stats* will calculate how many days you've been quit and how many cigarettes you've avoided.

Be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide to learn about how to do other things on the site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
20 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stop by Welcome: Introduce Yourself! 

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. fayhraimeelth

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync. cstudent LeslieMaisie5 dlm1955 Sunshine6460 DanakaKaye cubluejay34 daviddoudney1 Mjpcrow07 Cilonajudy marquelcypress albgnic britw08

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! Sunshine6460

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. fayhraimeelth

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. KarrieGreen

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync.

LeftysLady igby26 stephanieposey1 StephaniePosey2 winsomet26

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. StephaniePosey2KarrieGreen

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
annibru829

Hi all,

My name's Anna. I recently turned 25, and I have been smoking about half a pack a day for 4 years now. I used to smoke when I was 17-19, but only 1-3 cigs a day, so it was easy to quit for a year and a half for my partner at the time (who ended up being a piece of sh*t). Smoking was my way of rebelling against that relationship. But by this point, I don't think about it anymore and I'm focused on my future self. I've been losing weight and eating healthier, and another thing I want to incorporate into my future vision of myself is becoming physically strong, fit, and flexible. I know it's going to be incredibly easier to accomplish that if I'm not smoking half a pack a day.

I had my last pack of cigs on Aug 31, and then bummed a single cigarette yesterday from a friend. I haven't had a cigarette at all today, which feels great! 

I'm joining this program because- while I know I feel great now- I've tried to quit smoking maybe 15-20 times in the last 4 years, failing each time for one reason or another (usually because I have this idea that I can be "just a social smoker" which never works for more than a day). My roommate smokes a pack a day which makes it a lot harder for me. I know I can't talk to her about it because she's on a different path than I am; so, I was hoping to chat with people on here who are on a more similar journey as me to

mutually motivate each other to stay cig free. 

Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Welcome Anna.  So today is Day One of not one puff ever.  Good!  You already have the wisdom to know that there is no such thing (for most of us) as being a "social smoker."   I've known maybe one or two people in my life (and I'm 71)  who could do that.  I  could never achieve that myself (as much as I wished it true), and you know the truth of that for yourself as well.  You just said it.  One of the necessary things required in order to best this beast is to acknowledge the truth about ourselves and our relationship with this addiction.  The journey is a great learning experience.  If you've tried to quit about 20 times in four years, that's about 5 times a year, right?  Shows that you really want to quit.  And you can.  If we did (and we're no different than you in our abilities to overcome this) YOU can too.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned?sr=search&searchId=e6c3f452-66...‌  

It's tough when you have someone in your abode who smokes.  And yes, it does make it harder.  But it's still doable.  Many people have quit with a live-in, be it roommate or spouse.  And if you can't talk to her because she's on a different path, well we're on the SAME path.  And you can definitely talk to us!  Glad you're here.  Wish I had quit at your age.  Many of us wish that.  This is the perfect time.  Go for it!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. jarrodn123 kate.volden nolovelost

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync. george69kempBonniekay2amber_villines514caitygirl3324katiekat22Tamodell59LaydeeMiMzsuewhitegssssabaannibru829CrudeleBabbs81ashesteve

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. Bonniekay2kate.volden

It appears you are well into your quit journey! Thanks for joining and paying it forward here on EX while supporting your own quit. Bonniekay2

ashesteve‌ I see your quit date is set a bit out in the future. We'd love to help you quit sooner than later. Please let us know how we can help you with your quit journey!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. RobertRussell74 Etaylor7116 skndodnkj charlottetilley MR_Pete lewisfam315

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync.

wayne1972 notoday sbeals lesa4803 Cannabear KellyWannaQuit momof3boys131719 futuredrlol Chrissybow

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. RobertRussell74lesa4803

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. ekempff evielove Trisha76 msmith2036 2020YearQuit Dison6658 

rockangel bjeanb amandariquiac33 Leet3415 lifecoach101 savedbygrace-7 LindaK123 perseverancevilakati Ginger1963 snsever josie1983 SamDy09 rspande tayloroakley nonogood ceceil1980 rebekahcurtia6204 fcswagetti0407 ckcain d3829 dnelson7369 Tnorth32 Wallflower_229 ARobRobbie

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. rbeutl uttanat julius1238 kevinbraun630

yerrykrlley Sorice1 Bbehnke adominie lisalee57 Debgutter slimsand1 thekid603 shondrikafranks82 2quit4sho suresmx 

It appears you are well into your quit journey! Thanks for joining and paying it forward here on EX while supporting your own quit. lisalee57

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! Bbehnkelisalee57

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach. lisalee57

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. cheriekeller1 kapitalone

Mmlamb1894 mamish Herbertriley Jbarnard Kdanfield mmollycf Kendra1982 cheriekeller1 neetneet Jobetteponder1 Vicki3650 minimerlin mick123333 KA27 Ms118318

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. Vicki3650

It appears you are well into your quit journey! Thanks for joining and paying it forward here on EX while supporting your own quit. neetneet

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! minimerlin

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos