cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

IF it happens IT happened for a REASON.....WHO said.?

WHO created this saying?

He wasn't PAYING attention - common sense tells ME

I don't understand when life SUDDENLY just happens - MY daughter's friend was at work and her 10yr son went to wake Dad up for the day and - DEAD - so I was just wondering - WHO came up with this saying from YEARS ago?

Tags (1)
9 Replies
MarilynH

I'm so sorry Diane Joy that's so heartbreaking I'm so sorry for  your daughters friend and especially the 10 year old boy my thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

MarilynH

I have no idea who came up with that saying but that saying is definitely frustrating at times especially in times like this! 

Barbscloud

I don't know where it originated, but that's not my belief.

Barb

SimplySheri

I don't know who came up with that saying.  I don't know if it's true or not as I hardly understand anything about life.  It's so much bigger than I am.  But I can say that God knows, Diane Joy, and in our faith, we turn it over to Him to show us the way.  I'm not really good at talking God but I believe He knows what He's doing especially when I have no clue.  It's faith that keeps me going during times like that.  I am sorry if this isn't what you meant, it's the only partial answer I have.

Much love to you, my friend, and I am so sorry for your pain and that of the family.  God Bless you and keep you.

Sheri

I can't agree with that saying. I do believe that God knows all and can help us find blessings even in our sorrows. Prayers for all especially the youngster. God works in mysterious ways. My heart is breaking.

sweetplt

I always feel God has a plan Diane Joy ... so sorry for your loss... ~ Colleen 

elvan

Oh no, I am so sorry for that 10 year old and for any other family the man had, that has to be terribly shocking.  I cannot imagine. As far as the saying, I honestly don't know where it came from.  I always thought it was something I heard in church but I am not sure.  I am so sorry, Diane Joy, this is just so sad. 

Blessings,

Ellen

indingrl

Thank you all for HELPING ME to stay praying and HELPFUL to the family - I lifted the son in prayer first - OH MY - just thinking about MY grandsons - who are 12 and 13 - then back to MY reality - ohhhhh the son - it is just SOOOOO heart breaking for 10yr son finding his Daddy dead - my daughter said -  the son called his ma at work and said ma - dad won't get up - it so horrible sad hearing from my daughter - thank you all for sharing your love and empathy and experiences  - you ALL -  help ME keep MY perspective - MY Daddy God is Sovereign and I may NOT understand it all - I will continue to believe MY Daddy God in MY Lord Jesus name and obey MY Holy Comforter in ME - to be HELPFUL in love and service to the family - amen

indingrl