cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

I Made It

I made it through yesterday without smoking! YAY ME! It was a challenge, but I swear by coming to this site when I am struggling. It just keeps you busy long enough to pass the stupid urge. I made fun of myself all day/night when I was talking with coworkers and my family telling them about my day. Then on my ride home there was an Ohio State Highway Patrol following me for quite awhile and all I could think was, geez if he pulls me over this will REALLY end my day on a high note. He would think I was nuts because I would've just started laughing when he walked up to my window. (He probably would've had me sent to the nut house haha) He didn't pull me over though   Today is Day 10 of Freedom for me and I am not letting go. One of my work friends asked if I wanted to go for a drink after work last night and I had to decline because I knew it would impact my quit, it's just too early, and he smokes. (He actually scouted out a place we could go that had an outside smoking area ugh) I need a few more weeks under my belt before I can do that, just a personal thing that I know I am not ready for yet. 

13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You have now proven to yourself that you can make the BEST decisions for your quit and stick to them.  You blogged when it was tough, and you chose not to drink alcohol (especially with a smoker in a place that had a convenient outdoor area for it).

YEAH, YOU!

YEAH, YOU!

Jen_819

Thank you! It was tough, but I wasn't quitting on myself!!!! I feel like the little steam engine sometimes haha

SimplySheri

That is terrific!!  Way to go, you   Congratulations on your beautiful quit!!  Continue to nurture it and it will continue to grow strong.

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo...double digits Jen Jen_819 ...that is super...I am so glad coming here helps you.  It helped me and so many here keep the quit...wishing today is better...and no tickets from police...LOL....Have a great evening...~ Colleen 640 DOF 

Congratulations! I have 10 years quit and am still not ready to drink with a smoking buddy!

Strudel

Way to go - congrats on 10 days! 

elvan

I am so proud of you.  I have had those days...some much worse than others.  I can tell you about one that I had when my kids were little...everything had gone wrong all day long, they were fighting, I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I wrote a check on a bank that I had not had an account with in YEARS, in fact, the bank no longer existed...it was a fairly big check as it was for a guy doing work on our house.  I had to call my bank and tell them what I had done and BEG them not to charge me...they thought it was very funny.  I did not but I went and gave them a "good" check on my account, the guy I had written the check to never knew what happened since he went to my bank to cash it and they just took the check and cashed the REAL one.  I was so flustered and horrified.  I got home and the kids were settling a LITTLE...the phone rang and I answered it and the person on the other end of the line was calling to tell me that I had won a FREE burial plot in a local cemetery.  I burst out laughing and I could not stop.  The poor girl was stunned, I apologized and asked her if she got some strange reactions when she called other people.  I told her that I had just had the worst day EVER and that her call was the crown jewel of the day.  She said she had never gotten a reaction like mine but she was laughing by that time.  I told her that I thought she might have the worst telemarketing job I knew of.  I could have gotten that free plot if I bought another one for $1250. Ironically, that was the exact amount of the rubber check I had written.  My husband was out of town and I was feeling like a single parent not cutting it.  I thought of this story and the idea of you laughing at the state trooper...I suspect it would have been an odd reaction for him to handle.

You, my friend are ROCKING this quit...keep it up.  I look forward to your next post and I did the same thing when I quit, I came to EX every morning and every evening and oftentimes in between...it always disarmed my craves.  Congratulations on double digits!

Ellen

Jen_819

Thank you! I love that story! I think I would have "died" laughing if I would've got a call like that. Thanks for sharing. 

elvan

0 Kudos