Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

SEPTEMBER DAILY PLEDGE 2020

rock-art-craft-holding-hands-team-1573133.jpg

HOLD ON

A blog I wrote nine years ago, spurred on by another member’s blog is still relevant today, I think.   How Deep is Your Commitment?  Ironically this person relinquished her quit after five years because she was drinking and a friend offered her a cigarette. Even long-term quits are fragile under the influence of alcohol. 

This daily pledge is a tool. Not just to come here every day and promise not to smoke, but any time you feel like your quit is jeopardy. That’s the most important time to come here and reach out for the person’s hand who pledged before you. Do it every hour if you need to. Even if nobody has chimed in since your last pledge, grab your own hand. Grab the hand of the YOU that wants the best for you. The YOU that says, “I can do this, I promise to do this. I won’t let go of this.” Hug yourself tightly.

There is strength in numbers. We’re here for you. Just grab a hand, keep your commitment and know that you CAN do this. Type a blog with the word Help. People will come running. You’re not alone.

================================================================================== 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
396 Replies
Giulia

Welcome September Pledglings.  I promise not to smoke this day and offer my hand to the next brave magnificent quitter who says the same.   5297 smoke free days here and counting.....

Gai.C

Good morning Everyone. Giulia‌ I'll take your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today or ever again. I offer my hand to the next Ex in line 

sweetplt

Happy September 1st, Gai.C I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge...Colleen 638 DOF 

meWisconsin

Good morning Sept 1st. I take your hand sweetplt and pledge not to smoke today.

Terry 2179DOF

Cousin-Itt

Good Morning All

Thank you for your hand this morning Terry meWisconsin as I pledge No Smoking for me today here in Southwest Ohio   I extend my free hand to the next winner in line

Wishing Everyone a Safe, Peaceful, Healthy September Enjoy

Jen_819

Good morning from Northwest Ohio! I will gladly take your hand and pledge to not smoke today! I am extending my other hand to the next person who chooses to be smoke free. Let's keep our hands busy together. Day 8 of FREEDOM!!!!!!

Barbscloud

Good morning Jen_819   I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

903 DOF

Karen333

Hello Barbscloud, I am taking your hand and pledging not to smoke today as I extend my other hand to the next

DOF 181

Kkplayhouse

Karen 333 I take your hand and pledge not to smoke. I extend my other hand in support of the next exer.