cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

Day 4 - Geez!!!!

Day 4 has been a pain in my butt!! I had it in my head that Days 1-3 would be the hard ones and when Day 4 rolled around it would be easier. Well I think, for me, Days 1-3 beat out Day 4 because I have had such a strong urge all day! I haven't been able to come here as much as usual because I've been busy here at work, which is good because I have been on the phone and can't leave my desk. It hasn't been a bad day, just busy. I haven't caved and still practice NOPE! But man, today can kiss off!!!!! Maybe it's because it's Friday and the weekend was usually full of a couple adult drinks, relaxing, and of course good old Marlboro. Well not anymore, I have a basement to organize hahaha!

pastedImage_1.jpg

13 Replies
Barbscloud

This does take some time.  You've just eliminated not only nicotine, but a multitude of chemicals from your body.  Your body is going to react!  Have plans ready for your first weekend.  Keep moving forward.

Congrats on day 4.

Barb

Jen_819

Thank you!

0 Kudos
tyndallgw

Jen, I can completely relate. Day 4 was also particularly hard for me....and for the same reason.  You get yourself psyched up to get through the first three days, and then day 4 comes.  It will pass.....some days are better than others, but you can get through it.  

sweetplt

Jen_819 Hi Jen...so happy you have a plan for Friday...the first weekend smoke free is a new experience, keep busy...and of course do the...

pastedImage_1.gif

indingrl

day 4 Jen - WAY TO GO

elvan

Congratulations, it really will get easier, it takes time. Honestly, it sounds like you are doing GREAT!

meWisconsin

Be careful the first weekend can be tricky. Stay busy and keep your hands and mind occupied so thoughts of smoking don't try to creep in. Great job on 4 days smoke free. Now on to day 5.

Terry

Jen_819

Good morning Terry! I anticipated the weekend being a challenge (and it sure was), but I made sure I had plenty of options to keep me busy. I also kept reminding myself that I didn't want to start over! I am still smoke free on Day 7! BRING IT!!!!

tyndallgw

Jen, How did you do this weekend?