cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

Sleeping on Day One

So today is day one for me. I feel like I want to just get home from work, make/eat dinner, and pass out on the couch until I have to wake up. IS that being selfish to my family? I say no because this won't last forever, but if I didn't quit smoking then my life may be shortened because of the bad habit. Thoughts on kind of sleeping the urge to smoke off??

0 Kudos
13 Replies
tyndallgw

Not sure what the general consensus will be on this one, but I indeed tried to simplify my life as much as possible in the last week....cancelled non-urgent doctors appointments, didn't start any new involved projects, etc.  I'd say pamper yourself a bit and do whatever works for you and your ability to stay quit.

BarbieGene

You have to protect you quit.  I would go home eat - and read the book till it was sleep time.  

I was  soo tired all the time for the first 30 days.   Make sure and read No Mans Land Blog.  It will help you out for the first 30 days. 

Try to stay busy.  I would do yard work or go down to the barn with my horses and just stay busy.

Not one puff  ! Just try to do whatever you can to protect your quit.  Your family will understand and it will get better.

Stay close to this site the people here are wonderful!  They help me so much. 

Jen_819

Thank you! I love this site! It really keeps my mind off cravings when they pop up! Thanks for the support! Day two HERE I COME!!!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Not selfish at all.  You really need to be kind to yourself right now.  Many quitters  need extra sleep when they quit.  Listen to your body.  You're family is being your top priority right now because they'll benefit long-term from your self-care.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

TLC for yourself is called for in the early days of a quit.  Your body is working extra hard behind the scenes to heal from the damage done by smoking.  Give it whatever you feel it needs.

You will have plenty of time (and energy) when your quit is well in hand to give to the family.

Just don't smoke!

When you quit smoking you bless everybody around you!  Not selfish to put your quit first - necessary! I did not quit until diagnosed with COPD. My whole family lives this with me.

sweetplt

Listen to your body Jen Jen_819 you have fed it with all kind of chemicals and it is healing...like you, I was exhausted when I quit smoking...it won’t last forever and this is one time you really need to take care of you...~ Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 631 DOF 

elvan

You have gotten great advice already, PLEASE be patient with yourself & know that it WILL get easier. Your quit HAS to be your number one priority. Sleep if you feel like you need it. 
Take care of yourself.

Ellen

Cousin-Itt

Your not be selfish at all I slept a lot in the beginning   In the long run you will ne spending way more  time with them since you won't be smoking