cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

《Thankfullness》

There's always something to be thankful for although at times we might have to look a little harder to find the positives in our lives BUT after a little searching I find so much in my life that I'm so grateful for  for instance back in June of 2014 I found this awesome community and all of you my friends and Fellow EXers and most definetly EXtended family and after alot of reading right here on this site I'm happy to say that on the 14th of July 2014 was my first day of my quit journey which with commitment and perseverance turned into DAY WON BUT for some reason and I don't know why I forgot about this site until my 18th day when I was having horrendous cravings and moodswings all I wanted to do was jump in my car and buy a carton of cigarettes SCREW just the pk BUT thankfully I remembered  and got on line and line and commented on something, up until that point I'd been hiding in the shadows and hadn't let myself be known BUT WHEW I'm so thankful for this wonderful community because you talked me through it and helped get me to where I am today living a life of Freedom!

15a8debe9281d7feea7dd45aea7f58a8.jpgif you are struggling with quitting smoking and or remaining quit please know that you can and will succeed in living a life of Freedom BUT you must keep moving forward through the horrid rough patches because you can and will get through them to get to that point where you realize how much better life is without the crutch of cigarettes it's worth all of the rough patches to finally be FREE.....

1c7a52df14f320a425801969cc287dbb.jpg95d7b1a204c1bdcc647517ee98b17087.jpg

1ab12fc1c5da63eb22dc5c6059e9f46d.jpg49150af603024722aa3818b9f85f1372.jpg

11 Replies
RoseH

Great post MarilynH‌    I just read the opposite end.  Someone lost their quit, because they thought they could have just a little...  sad!

MarilynH

It's heartbreaking when someone relapses because they think it'll be okay to have just one or maybe two cigarettes BUT unfortunately it's not okay I've lost a few quits because of thinking the same thing BUT not anymore because we don't do that anymore! RoseH I hope this person you mentioned will restart their quit right away and that we're all here to help in any way we can.....

sweetplt

Oh dear Marilyn MarilynH I am thankful for you and this site...it is what finally got me to my final quit...I am thankful for a loving and supportive husband and for so many wonderful blessings in my life...wishing you a beautiful day....Colleen 629 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Yep

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH-MAZING!

(as is your dedication to encouraging us each and every morning.  You are AAAHHH-MAZING, too!)

Have a splendid day, dear woman!

Cousin-Itt

Good Afternoon 

I'm thankful everyday from not smoking to seeing the green side of grass   and having met people like you on this site  

The song below has always made me feel thankful and lucky

This Old House - YouTube CSN&Y   1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0XBojlJPSA

MarilynH

I love this song Carl thank you for posting it.

elvan

Beautiful, Marilyn, you are SUCH a gift, my friend.

Ellen

MarilynH

virgomama

Thank you, Marilyn.  Have been having computer and time issues so have not been here much.  I'm thankful that today is one day I can be here to read this great blog.    Onward to Freedom and Progress!

Cindy