cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marciem

Just a 2020 rant

I need to vent a little, about 2020.  First we (our country) started with hearing "possible pandemic" natterings at the begining.  Then, in early March, we (hubs and I) went on a two-day visit to son and family which turned out a bit contentious (nothing new there).  We get home and there is a note in our door from B-I-L making some wild accusations about hubs... again, nothing new but had to be dealt with mostly thru attorneys.   

A week later my precious Sox, kittyboy, began acting odd for a few days (not eating, not grooming), and it was time for rabies shot anyways, so off to the vet.  Well, turns out he had a large mass in his chest, probable lymphoma but they didn't know, off to another vet and testing, pretty much same thing.  Best option after much vet consultation and heartbreaking soul search agreed to be to ease him out of his discomfort, which was devastating to us.  That was the day before our whole county went on SIP lockdown.

We've been dealing with the lockdown pretty well, except exercise opportunities decreased, also dealing with B-I-L problems and threats as they arose (he barks a lot but has never actually bitten) and trying to get over the passing of our precious family member Kittyboy. 

Now for the last day and a half, we're on evacuation warning from wildfire, friends have already been evacuated.  We're preparing for the worst and hoping for the best since the fire departments are staging right across the highway from us, between us an the fires, but it's still stressful.  LOL, I haven't thought of smoking, but we're choking on smoke anyways, plus ash  .

On the bright side, we're still in our home (for now), for one thing.  A couple of weeks ago I had a follow up on my lung cancer which showed no changes, some resolution of an area that was of concern in February, so all is good there.  Another bright side, as mentioned above, I haven't even thought of smoking.  My children and grandchildren and loved ones are in good health, again a plus.  I guess I could count family members individually to come up with more bright twinkles  .  B-I-L has backed off (for now) so that's good too.

So far, 2020 has been difficult, seems like one big dark cloud until I pull out the pluses   .

37 Replies
indingrl

Thanks for sharing and I think you are doing good staying a NON SMOKER with a wonderful heart of gratitude - so sorry about fur baby

marciem

Thank you!  It felt better spilling it out instead of just sucking it up like I usually do LOL!

sweetplt

I am sorry marciem you definitely had your share of things in 2020.  I am glad you came and wrote your feelings and what is going on in your life.  I think many of us could relate and sometimes sharing makes each of us feel less alone.  

Take care of You and Hubs...and praying for better days ahead...~ Colleen 

marciem

Thanks Colleen  sweetplt  I was reading that you have had a plate-full lately too, I think that gave me the incentive to come here to rant... you made it feel like a safe place   .  Thank you for the prayers... prayer works!

YoungAtHeart

I will pray for your safety from the fires.  That must be SO frightening.  And in-law problems, too?  Along with the loss of a precious fur baby?  AND COVID?

I cannot tell you how PROUD I am that you are staying cigarette smoke free!!!  Wish it were smoke free!

Stay safe!

Nancy

marciem

Thank you Nancy.  Looking at it it doesn't seem close to what some here, including you, deal with day to day, but the load was feeling heavy last night.  We can see the fires occasionally peeking over ridges, but apparently some of what we are seeing are controlled burns to try to contain the blazes.  It's still stressful and frightening.

YoungAtHeart

NOPE 

What I deal with is nowhere NEAR what you have described here.  I cannot imagine worrying about fire that I could actually SEE!

DO get some kind of exercise if you can - maybe find a YouTube video or just do a few sit/stands or jumping jack motions.  Honestly, exercise DOES work on stress.....I am the QUEEN of that, so I know!!

Keeping good thoughts on you!

Nancy

Barbscloud

Sorry you have so much going on in your life recently.   Glad you came to share.

Barb

marciem

Thank you, Barbscloud‌!  I appreciate all you do here.